8 speed trans
By loc1183 on
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)
Well I never thought I would have to write a review. After working for Chrysler for 42 years and driven nothing but Chrysler producst I'm about to change. I purchased a 2014 Jeep Overland and have had to return it to the shop several times for transmission problems. Trans is a 8 speed and it really sucks. Jerks forward to approx. 2800 -3000 rpm. when starting out. When merging into traffic no response when accelerator is pressed then jumps into passing gear. Thought I was back in the sixties again. Dealership tells me that it is the characteristic of that vehicle. Well when you buy a $50000.00 vehicle you kind of expect everything to be right. Ok I think I'll try a Ford.
By lljpence
on 06/23/14 13:17 PM (PDT)

I have experienced the same problem. I was told it was a software issue and while it it much better, on occasion it still reacts slowly when accelerating. The nav system has been a nightmare with updates, floating arrows and incorrect maps. I have had to have the radio completely removed and replaced. I am going to trade it in on something not Jeep.

By skrichte
on 07/14/14 14:09 PM (PDT)

I have also been experiencing the same problem. Have had it in the shop a handful of times now. I actually had to let one of the Tech's take my vehicle for a couple nights b/c they claimed they couldn't recreate the issue. Issue was well noticed by the Tech, and they did some reprogramming of the ECU. Worked fine for a bit, now its lunging as everyone is describing in the reviews. I thought friends were joking about Dodge tranny issues -- guess not. Moreover, we have a horrid stench that comes from the engine bay, through the vents. Again, they couldn't not find the issue. Still smells horrible to this day... Finally, brought it in for its first oil change and the Tech indicated the power steering fluid was low. He said "that seems to happen on this SUV for whatever reason." Really, Dodge/Jeep??? You can't get the power steering right either? Wow. When we have enough equity in this leased vehicle(after about a year), we will trade it in for something which doesn't lunge, smell, or burn power steering fluid.

By scaredofmyjeep
on 08/21/14 13:33 PM (PDT)

same problem here. passengers think I don't know how to drive. Now it is popping out of gear into neutral and won't go back in. This car is dangerous.!!!Same problem with nav system.