2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Be ready to acquaint yourself with the Lemon Law
By carlton765

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Loved this car for it's fir 1k miles. Great MPG, great value, good looks. Then it all started. In the shop 11x for various issues, poor fit/finish, including 7x for the check engine light. The service manger was ultra-apologetic and said they hadn't been adequately trained and encouraged me to escalate within Chrysler. Living in California made this a no brainer to claim Lemon Law protection. Ahead of even doing that however Jeep bought the vehicle back, compensated me for the literally 30hrs of time I've spent either at the dealer, on the phone, or dealing otherwise with this disaster of an American car. Yes it was ultimately handled, but avoid at ALL costs.

Most awarded vehicle???
By will1112

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is touted as the most awarded vehicle but I doubt anyone who awarded these is an actual owner of the eco diesel. First off I loved this vehicle(for 10000 miles). Everything about it was great. The gas mileage is great but after 10k miles it began!! Fiat Chrysler should never have released this vehicle with all the recalls and emissions problems specifically in the eco-diesel. Read up on this in Jeep blogs. I have been in the dealership(double digits) more with this one vehicle then my last 6 vehicles combined. It's been a year now and this vehicle's check engine(MIL) light has not been off more than a week in the last 8 months. Dealership nor Chrysler techs seem to be able to fix these issues. Unbelievable what close to $50k buys you nowadays. Obviously not everyone runs into these issues and it may not happen to you..that's what I originally thought and it happened to me. Just beware. I'll never buy another Chrysler product again due to them not backing their product nor caring about their consumers.

Eco Diesel DEF Problems
By J Brownlee

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

As many have indicated in their reviews, Jeep has a design problem with the exhaust system on the 2014 Eco Diesel. It appears to be a software problem. My Jeep has been at the dealership for 4 weeks now and all mechanical parts have been replaced. It's really rediculous. If Jeep corprate folks are monitoring these reviews they should really get this design issue sorted out quickly and make things right with their customers!

Only reliable during the test drive...
By Colorado Bird

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

My 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland is my third - and last - Jeep. While none of my Jeeps have been models of reliability, my 2014 Overland is by far the least reliable. Problems with the electronics started literally the day after I got it off the lot. Issues escalated to highway stalling, not starting, blank screens, etc. would leave it with the dealer for multiple days only to have the software updated and nothing repaired. As I write this it is in the shop for its fifth time, at least this time they did some real work. Replaced the water pump, crank shaft positioning sensor, blind spot sensor, etc. the car only has 25k miles! For a 50k vehicle the issues and dealer service are way below expectations. It's a great car to look at inside and out, but at only 25k miles I plan to take a huge loss and trade it in for a subaru outback today. Bye Jeep.

Not safe to drive!
By Melissa

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 4dr SUV 4WD (6.4L 8cyl 8A)

Where to start. When the car arrived there were some interior pieces partially off and in the front passenger side a bunch of wires were hanging down by the floor. Red flag? Hmm. Here we go, Issues I have had: -Control screen goes black randomly and radio shuts off. As well as everything else I access via this screen. -Randomly says key fab has left the vehicle and dings when it hasn't. -AC/Heat are extremes. If you decide to adjust temp, takes like 15 minutes for it to actually change. -Gear shifter, yikes! Hard to know what you actually shifted into. You think you pushed it all the way forward for Park but no, half the time, it is in reverse. -----SCARIEST of all is the transmission! It hesitates whenever you need sudden acceleration like trying to make a left turn! Almost got into a few accidents because of this potentially deadly flaw. I have to drive knowing that my transmission will seize and not to try and to do any rapid or quick accelerations. Had it looked at many times and they tell me nothing is wrong. We updated software, have a great day. I leased this poor excuse for a vehicle and I wish I could get rid of it today. Will never buy another Jeep Vehicle again.