52 of 52 people found this review helpful
All the problems you will encounter
By bondsman66 on
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)
Jeeps are Jeeps, they are temperamental, but if you correct the known problems in advance, they will be a faithful friend for life. (see suggested Improvements)
Too bad Chrysler, didn't recall the know problems.
The 4x4 system on jeep is second to none.
Selec trac, is the best of both worlds.
Replace these things and you will have a 4x4 for life.
1. Fan relay (located behind passenger side head light) goes bad about every other year. don't use the same one, use after market.
2. Tail lights. passenger side and driver side. Again get after market, its alot cheaper, and better. Makes your jeep look better too.
3. Replace stuts for hood and back hatch. After market again. Auto Zone sells them for $20.
4. Front Driver seat. Take seat up and use 3 inch washers for all 4 bolts, or you will be sorry. Front right and back right bolts pull thru frame if you don't do it.
5. Replace radiator. Heavy duty after market. Jeeps run hot, the heavy duty model fixes the problem.
6. Fluids :)