Used 2003 Jaguar X-Type Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Jaguar X-type - Consumer Reviews

2003 Jaguar X-Type

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:

Big mistake for my money.
By nomorejags14

2003 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought it for my wife, even so it was used for only three years, after a week the radio screen stop working, not long the wheels bent(all four). Check engine light came on, cat converter 2, after replacing twice the light stills on, then all codes possibles were detected by the scanner, PO 116,PO 300s, PO 430, and no mechanic could even look at it. Last hope I took it to a expert, his first words get rid of this thing. I did and now happy is my middle name.

Favorite Features

The looks, hood, front lights.

My Sweet Jag...
By scooterluv1

2003 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great car! I purchased it used and for the most part, I loved it! I would buy another one and may do so in the near future...

A SOLID RELIABLE CAT
By str8cash

2003 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this x-type for 3 years and I bought it with 125,000 miles on it. I am the 2nd owner.It now has 160,000+ miles and still runs & looks like new. Only things I have had to do is oil changes and a new coolant tank ($129.00 ebay). This car was very well maintained by the original owner and that is key. She had all maint records and only major repair was new rear struts. Other items were normal wear items, brake pads, oil changes,tune up, coolant flush, tires, battery,etc. I have owned several Lexus, BMW, Infiniti, Acura, Cadillac, Mercedes vehicles and this is my favorite. AWD is fantastic. Car is now 10 yrs old & still gets looks. I would recommend this car without question.

Favorite Features

Beautiful interior Very reliable All Wheel Drive Kitty on the hood

Suggested Improvements

A little more rear leg room

Great Car for the Money
By jagmeister1

2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2.5L automatic in June of 2010. When I first got the car there were some "gremlins" especially electrical that came and gone. In September the battery went. I was able to put a charge to it and when and got a OEM battery. Wow all the gremlins were gone. When I bought it it had 23046 miles and now June 2011 I turned 26000 miles. Except for the electrical gremlins I have no problems with the car until about a month ago. I have the optional HID self leveling headlights, no washers on the lights. The interior mechanism broke in both headlights, and they could no longer be adjusted. One pointed to space the other to the ground. Jaguar does not make replacement parts for these lights,.

Favorite Features

Handling, comfort, style, AWD, sound system.

Suggested Improvements

As I( was writing above there are no replacement parts for the HID lights and they retail for over $1000 each, plus install. I got very lucky however. I searched Ebay and found a company in Houston, TX that makes replacement parts for the cheap plastic used by Jaguar. They aren't cheap either $75 per light, but that nothing compared to the replacement HID headlamps. Also, the gas mileage is terrible, 13/14 mpg around town and 21/22 mpg highway. I've changed the plugs, air filter, PCV valve and house, cleaned the TB and very little improvement. Jaguar doesn't make this car any longer so they can't do any improvements. However the HID headlights are a very common problem and no improve.

Just Great
By keith

2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car with 60K miles and now after just over 2 years have 144,000 miles. Only just replaced brakes, replaced radiator overflow tank and put in new plugs at 100K. Have done nothing else. Gas mileage is great. Paid $10K and get offers for $7-8K all the time. Most people think it is a 20K+ car. Great for road trips. Handles great in all areas. I expect to easily get another 100K miles out of this car.

Favorite Features

Style, the Platinum color is great too

Suggested Improvements

Need one more cup holder. I almost feel silly saying this.