2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 4.2L V8 6-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan - Consumer Reviews

4.2 Sedan (4.2L V8 6-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:
I think mine is a lemon
By surfsidejo on 02/02/12 14:59 PM (PST)

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my 06 S Type last Feb (2011) from a reputable Ford dealer. As soon as I got it home, my husband noticed the door seal was torn big time. I didn't notice when doing the test drive or checking it out, because I was always looking at the interior. Never thought to check areas like that. Anyway, $125.00 later we thought no more problems. 1 week later, husband was washing the car and noticed the lense on one of the fog lights was cracked. Took it for repair, $350.00, we thought we were good to go, spring comes along and we sure can't get cooled off. Everytime I slow down in traffic the AC gets warmer and warmer. Took it to reputable mechanic, $700.00 later we think we are good. Wrong.

Muscle car in a Tuxedo
By Oldengineer on 07/16/09 20:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

My car is the VDP model with navigation. The car is very luxurious both inside and out, yet, handles and runs like a muscle car. On trips, the fuel economy this car gets, despite having 300 HP on tap, is excellent. On the interstate, the car is dead quiet, and, very comfortable on long trips. This is my third Jag, and, by far, the best one yet.

2006 Jaguar S type VDP
By Joseph on 05/04/09 15:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I also had that vibrating when speed was between 30000 - 50000 MPH. It was a simple fix, not the roof or ceiling as a previous poster overstated. I was angry my dealer charged me $100.00 to 'turn on' an electrical feature on an 'option' I paid for. Jaguar headquarters refunded me that $100.00 when I advised them this to be an unfair practice. The Premium audio system needs to be more powerful not necessarily to be louder but rather to render RICHER sound quality. The Sub Woofer is barely noticeable. The telephone volume was also too low to hear comfortably - probably associated with my comment above about the stereo. A/C does not cool the car unless the setting is set at 65 degrees.

rv
By Rava on 06/12/05 14:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Leather is great, every thing is electric, It has it's own personal phone with hands free, a lot of room in it.