Used 2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:

The perfect car for a professional person.
By George D. Barry

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car after a 3 year return lease off the show room floor thinking it was a new car since the conditions was so good. My wife drove this car exclusively for 6 years. Exterior is excellent, interior is excellent, mechanicals are excellent. Serviced by Exclusive British European in Campbell, CA. Everything works. Depreciation of car thru a business has run out is reason for sale. Time to purchase another car.

Better late than never!
By Flipside28

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have always loved the S-Type. My lease ended on my Mercedes C 300 and since I don't drive to my office any longer I decided to buy something that I would really enjoy. I located a 2006 S Type with 47K on the odometer. I did my research and had the car checked out and I have been thrilled with my purchase. It's a nice size; great ride;comfortable and always turns heads. AC needed a boost but other than that its been great. I have it serviced at a Jaguar mechanic when I need oil changes and scheduled maintenance. If you find a good one they are great!

Radio sucks
By Mike B

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I tell people , I got a 60,000 car with a 6 cent radio. Is there a booster available?

Air Conditioning LED screen flashes
By rogerelliott2

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is a 2006 S-type with an usual intermittent problem.
Sometimes, the temperate display, a/c. fan, etc. flashes on and off endless.
It doesn't seem to effect the a/c but it worries me that it m may be indicating a problem.

A similar display message appears sometimes on the dash regarding cruise control. It says: "Cruise control not available."
And then cruise doesn't work.
It seems to fix itself though and although I'm not noticing when, it starts working again.
Any thoughts on either issue?

I absolutely love this car.

The interior. It so nice.

1. Put one simple knob on the dash to toggle between daylight saving time. 2. Make a spot to store an umbrella somewhere along the driver's door. 3. Make an extension to the shade so that when flipped against the door, it covers more rearward. 4. Make a slot to store a cell phone on the dash.

I think mine is a lemon
By surfsidejo

2006 Jaguar S-Type Sedan 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my 06 S Type last Feb (2011) from a reputable Ford dealer. As soon as I got it home, my husband noticed the door seal was torn big time. I didn't notice when doing the test drive or checking it out, because I was always looking at the interior. Never thought to check areas like that. Anyway, $125.00 later we thought no more problems. 1 week later, husband was washing the car and noticed the lense on one of the fog lights was cracked. Took it for repair, $350.00, we thought we were good to go, spring comes along and we sure can't get cooled off. Everytime I slow down in traffic the AC gets warmer and warmer. Took it to reputable mechanic, $700.00 later we think we are good. Wrong.

I have a love/hate relationship with this car. We bought a very good extended warranty and I have to say that is my favorite feature of this car for me. I ran out of space on the review window and I was just getting started. Let me just say that in the past year, if I had NOT purchased the extended warranty on this car, we would have spent $10,000.00 to date. That is one year. My brakes have been squeaking also, so the next thing on my list is to have those checked out. I wonder how much that is going to cost. I am amazed at all the good cars I've been reading about. I love to drive it but it is not the car for anyone on any kind of budget.