2004 Jaguar S-Type Consumer Reviews 3

2004 Jaguar S-Type - Consumer Reviews

2004 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:
Even Better Than I Thought
By at002f on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've had my 04 S-Type for a week now and couldn't be happier. The V8 engine is quiet, yet very powerful. The car rides smooth, I don't feel every bump in the road, even with 18 inch rims on the car. A testiment to the suspension. The interior is very well thought out, a monster upgrade from the 02 model. People notice this car, so be prepared to get lots of attention in it. As for negatives, the upgraded Alpine system is good, but nowhere near the Bose systems found in many luxury cars. Also, ALL of the front speakers are in the doors, the system needs some tweeters on the dash for a more complete sound in the front of the car.

My Dream Car
By Margaret Cloud on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have really enjoyed owning this car. The v8 engine has plenty of pep and power and a great sound. It has never let me down and I have had no major problems with it. I drive this car around just for the pleasure of it and expect to always have one of these.

jaj s series
By gilbert parker on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

bought mine in1999 used about 6000 miles on car when bought. have had no problems of any kind. probably the most relieble car i have ever owned now has 40000miles

Great car for the $.
By ranger7 on 04/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jaguar S-Type R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

So far there has been no problems. Acceleration is outstanding and the handling excellent. The DVD nav system is one of the best in any car. It is not as responsive to the road as a M BMW or an AMG Mercedes, however, its ride is not harsh. On long trips (over 4 hours) its a pleasure, no sore back when arriving at your destination. I was considering the new M5 when it come out and the AMG E55, however, with options, the price is about 20k more than the Jag with slight improvement in performance.

Tons of Funs
By Yankee in Dallas on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

We tested BMW, Mercedes and Infinity. Both liked the Jag better for looks and performance. Nice V-8 for the price of a six cylinder Beemer or Mercedes. Beautiful and very comfortable interior. Get the V-8 !!

Traditional Jaguar
By John F. S. on 04/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

All I expected in a Jaguar. Performance and handling - WOW!!. (I have the 4.0 Engine.) I relly enjoy the stiff suspension but this is not to my wifes liking. I have had this car for 2years and have had no problems. Only requires service every 10,000 miles, included in purchase price. I voluntarilly have had a service at 5& 15 at my own expense.

Love My JAG
By Slep on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second S-Type. Had a 2001 and opted to end that lease early and get a new 2004. The styling of the car is the nicest on the road and the improvement of the 04 over the 01 are amazing. I loved the 01 but my wife didnt want to end the lease early to get into the 04....and then she drove it..and wow...we have trouble keeping it under 70 on the open road..handling wonderfully.....love the new dash/console over the 01 model

Cats R us
By Paul d Bowell on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Contrary to a number of professional reviews,I do not find my s-type noisy at high speed and in Europe we drive considerably faster than the USA.The new 4.2 V8 works like a dream and the handling is superb.My only critisism is that there could have been a little more room in the back.

lemon
By steve centore on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar S-Type R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

dealership was not truthful,this car was a 'demo',which they didn't tell me that was in an accident.from day 1,i've had nothing but trouble.transmission stinks,constant vibration in the front end.the brakes are noisey,squeally,major engine parts have been replaced,repaired,the manager of the dealership is of no use,no help;i cant wait for the lease to be up

Jaguar S-Type 4.2
By Kellogg on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is one fine, luxury appointed, well designed Automobile.