Used 2004 Jaguar S-Type Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Jaguar S-Type - Consumer Reviews

2004 Jaguar S-Type

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:

Best S-Type R
By Andy

2004 Jaguar S-Type R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I just purchased this 2004 S-Type R with only 32,214 miles in February of 2008. My previous Jag was a 2002 S-Type Sport 4.0 which I thought was one of the best cars that I have owned until I bought the R model. It handles like a sports car, rides like a luxury car and is just beautiful. The car brakes with discipline and accelerates without question. The car is classic Jaguar but with an understated look of aggression. The rims are very in-line with the overall appearance of the car. Whenever I take someone in it, they just sit there, like in a daze, speechless. Love this car.

The whole package. Great front end with the larger grill. Love the Continemtal tires that look like steam rollers. Love the interior and comfort and the performance is beyond reproach. When you hear the supercharger whine up, there's nothing like that. Great motor sound, and the brakes are great.

Better A/C, faster nav system and something that distinguishes that you have a supercharger. It was love at first sight!

In and out of the shop constantly
By CHRIS

2004 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is a beautiful car. If it only ran as good as it looks. I had a 2001 S Type which was an excellent car. However, the reliability went south on this one. It has been in the shop many times - sometimes for weeks. Jaguar was not particularly responsive or compassionate about selling me a lemon. I won't buy another jaguar.

The inside and outside coach work is beautiful - too bad the electrical system is not that good.

I will not drive any thing else
By dan00z28

2004 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Jaguar's product is outstanding. I previously owned a 2003 x type which was perfect but a little under powered with the 2.5 motor (which Jaguar stopped making). But this time my wife encouraged me to move up. Now understand I own a lot of cars such as a 68 chevell, 2000 camaro z28, 2003 ford expedition, 96 mercedes sl 500 and this 2004 S type I bought this week. By far this my favorite vehicle of all.

The look of the S type, the performance and the quiet features are all selling points for my Jaguar, Jaguar has a look and feel that is unique. The factory radio sounds suberb as if I was sitting at a concert.

No complaints! This is a first time I bought a car and didn't buy Autotrader on the way home. No regrets!

Not impressed
By Dillardo

2004 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I am not that impressed with my S-Type. It doesnÂ’t even feel like a luxury car to me. The inside is very basic, the stereo system is horrible, and perhaps I needed to upgrade the stereo system. However, for the amount of the car, one would think the car would have a better sound system. The car has no cool features! Ok, I have memory seats, that's basically it. Nothing about this car feels luxurious! I hope that they do a better job with the redesigned S-Type. It should be more wonderful things about a car other than the exterior appearance, having a great interior, as well as great features makes a car complete. I cannot believe that the original asking price for this car was $45, 000. There is no way this car was ever worth that amount of money.

The appearance of the exterior.

Revamp the entire car! Add more features! Improve the sound system! American made cars have more features than this car.

COSTLY TO DRIVE
By Sharfire

2004 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My Jag has had the tires replaced at 15,000 miles at a cost of $860.00 and a front end alignment at a cost of over $300.00. I had new brakes on at 22,000 and that included new front rotors. Now at 30,000 need new tires again because the tires are very loud and wearing out even though I have had them rotated on a regular basis. My car is eating tires and picks up road noise. Also, screws are falling out and the cover to fuses under passenger side glove box fell off and the sun glass holder has been replaced three times and it still won't stay closed. It has a surge in the engine that the dealer can't fix. The Jaguar decal on the front fell off (came unglued)

Very beautiful impressive looking car just wish it wasn't so costly to keep up.

Better quality control.