2004 Jaguar S-Type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:
Not impressed
By Dillardo on 12/06/06 10:01 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I am not that impressed with my S-Type. It doesn’t even feel like a luxury car to me. The inside is very basic, the stereo system is horrible, and perhaps I needed to upgrade the stereo system. However, for the amount of the car, one would think the car would have a better sound system. The car has no cool features! Ok, I have memory seats, that's basically it. Nothing about this car feels luxurious! I hope that they do a better job with the redesigned S-Type. It should be more wonderful things about a car other than the exterior appearance, having a great interior, as well as great features makes a car complete. I cannot believe that the original asking price for this car was $45, 000. There is no way this car was ever worth that amount of money.

COSTLY TO DRIVE
By Sharfire on 11/16/05 12:17 PM (PST)

2004 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My Jag has had the tires replaced at 15,000 miles at a cost of $860.00 and a front end alignment at a cost of over $300.00. I had new brakes on at 22,000 and that included new front rotors. Now at 30,000 need new tires again because the tires are very loud and wearing out even though I have had them rotated on a regular basis. My car is eating tires and picks up road noise. Also, screws are falling out and the cover to fuses under passenger side glove box fell off and the sun glass holder has been replaced three times and it still won't stay closed. It has a surge in the engine that the dealer can't fix. The Jaguar decal on the front fell off (came unglued)

Lemon
By Brad on 10/05/05 23:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Jaguar S-Type R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This car is the worst luxury car that I have ever had. It has been in repair 8 times in two years. four for transmission problems and four for electronic/computer issues. Air conditioner continues to go on the blink as well as the entire dashboard. The only thing good is the car has a big engine and handles well.

Great Mid Sized Sedan
By rsalinger on 07/28/05 08:32 AM (PDT)

2004 Jaguar S-Type R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I've owned German cars for the past 20 years. This S-Type has given me 16 months of trouble free ownership. The power is outstanding. I love the DVD nav system, the adjustable pedals, and the great ride. Just a fun car to drive.

Stunning -- Performer,,,and Beautiful
By DesertJag on 04/03/05 17:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

What a wonderful automobile. I bought this for my wife after I had a great experience with my 2004 XJ8VDP. This car has the same engine and transmission and is a wonderful performer. Fit and finish is superb. The car park people put it in the front of the restaurant all the time. Jaguar dealer service is also extraordinary.

Finally: Distinction!
By JetDealer on 01/28/05 10:34 AM (PST)

2004 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

At last, a car with truly unique style, excellent performance and a comparably reasonable price. After 12 years lounging in the top Lexus and Benz models (looking more generic every day) I couldn't be more pleased with the 4.2. Comments from public daily. The multi-adjust cockpit seating is virtually build-to-suit ... very comfortable. Exceptionally balanced handling.

S-type perfect again
By don kent on 12/02/04 15:53 PM (PST)

2004 Jaguar S-Type R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Took advantage of marketing support of $7500 and traded perfect 03 S-type 3.0 for the s-type R. No disappointments at all. What power and wonderful seats! Nav/DVD is superb. Would make no changes in the new S-type R except to have synthetic motor oil standard to extend engine life.

Great Car, but some disappointments
By TRBaker on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jaguar S-Type R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This car is fun to drive for a lot of reasons. First is the shear power and handling. The CATS system really lets you toss it around with confidence. The Brembo brakes are just awesome. Second is the looks and compliments you receive. My wife and I joke about the looks we get from other S-Type drivers and the leers we get from the X-Typers. For the money, I really dont think there is another car that can beat its performance, style and cachet. The platinum silver is just a stunning color. The fit & finish are superb. The car just makes you feel good when your driving it. The gas mileage is suprisingly good for a 390HP car. 24MPG, PA to FL and back

JAGUAR LUXURY
By reddotone on 09/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The S-Jaguar turns heads when you are driving. However the ride is rough in comparison to our Lexus. You have to push the doors hard for them to shut. The contour seats looks good, but the edges of seats when getting in are hard. Once in and seated, the seats are comfortable. The headrest are also hard. The car was purchase on 31 Jul 04. We had an engine check light come on in Aug 04. They had to replace the gas tank. No other mechanical problems with the car. Service personnel are very friendly. Great styling.

my jagur
By althemac on 07/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

this vehicle is not only sleek looking but performs as well as it looks. the price is not to far out of line considering that you are purchasing a work of art. nothing else compares