Used 2005 Infiniti QX56 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Infiniti QX56

View reviews for a specific QX56 model:

Love this car
By APearl

2005 Infiniti QX56 Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Except for the rear door catching part of the edge of the front door, in certain instances, the car is a dream to drive, and own. Comfort, style and the feeling of being safe on the road is built into this car. Can't wait to take it on a long trip. Expect to take it north in August, and give it a good run on the road.

Favorite Features

Please leave the car alone. We love it just as it is.

Suggested Improvements

We would like to have the door locks engage when the car is in gear. Please correct the front door catching the rear door.

Fun to drive
By Harry

2005 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We now have 6500 miles on this vehicle, although we have to stop more often for gas, I wouldn't trade this vehicle for any that I have purchased in the past. Since 1969 I have purchased at least 28 new vehicles, not including motorcycles and some trucks. Fun to drive, very quiet, excellent radio. Don't like where the clock is, but who cares about the time when you are driving this unit.

Favorite Features

Powerful headlights, XM radio, very quiet, Had someone think they were going to walk away from me, I stepped on it and I walked away from them.

Suggested Improvements

#1 Find a different place for the clock, or put a digital one in a different place. #2 The sun sometimes hits the shroud on the navigation screen and irritates your vision.

QX56 Owner for over a year
By Jon R

2005 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Many mechanical issues. Replaced front brake rotors and pads 4 times. Infiniti knows of brake shutter problems and finally found a fix. Both front driver and passanger window motors had to be replaced as windows would not roll up properly. Interior plastic scratches very easily. If you have kids....expect the interior to get all beat up looking and scratched. The cruise control sensor will not function if the sensor gets any dirt and water on it....so forget about using in the rain. We use in the snow during the winter and the 4X4 stability is poor due to heavy weight difference toward the rear. On a positive note, the service dept is excellent. I would not recommend.

Dont buy a QX56!!!
By Diana

2005 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my QX56 12/04 and it has been in the shop 8 times for rattling from the headliner!! 3 times for brake repairs and I only have 7K miles on this thing!! The dealership is worthless and I am frustrated. Its not fun driving a car that has the most awful squeak/rattle coming from above constantly! Even my 2 small kids and the radio cant drown out that noise! It has also been in for the gear shifter sticking twice. Please think twice about this vehicle....its not worth it!

Favorite Features

The rear camera has been great but still not worth all the other hassles!

Suggested Improvements

New headliner design. They have had brake (rotor) problems since the beginning and they have admitted there is a recall but still dont know for sure if that will fix the problems!

Rattle and shaking NOT a luxury at all !
By Harry

2005 Infiniti QX56 Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Since I bought this car it has been a house of pain Rattling is so bad you can never imagine. It has been to dealership 4 times still NO FIX. Dealer is a nice team but they cannot rebuild the whole car. Now less than a year new AC broke, Breaks are gone, Back spoiler broke and flew on Highway If you love engine, wait 'til it starts giving you a hissing snake noise. DVD/TV interrupt with Audio. Remote on TV does not work. I have lost my patience and ***PLEASE DO NOT BUY IT NO Matter which couple of things you may like in this vehicle **** OR wait till Infinity fixes it all Do not be impressed by NEW Buyers Comments, They do not know what they got into..

Favorite Features

camera at back , Powerful engine

Suggested Improvements

Infiniti, I am going for LEMON LAW