Good Choice
By Ray on
2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I am the proud owner of a 2006 FX35 that is in love with his vehicle. I love the exterior design and the interior color (brick)as well as the "cockpit" feeling. The manner in which this vehicle performs and rides is compearable to expensive sport sedans. After 15 years of driving Corvettes I was looking for a more confortable ride without giving up too much performance and the FX35 is exacly what I was looking for. I am disappointed with the sound system. I was hoping that 11 speakers, 300 watts and the Bose name would give me a better sound however, there is a lack of "panoramic" feel that is the standard of 5.1(surround) systems also, the subwoofers do not have the expected "punch".
Favorite Features
"Heavy ride" feel. Beautiful interior design. Futuristic exterior design. Great dealer support. Excellent workmanship.
Suggested Improvements
Must improve the sound system to feel more "home theater". It sounds more like stereo than surround sound. Different type(not manufacturer) of speaker would probably do the trick. The subwoofers sound "passive", it could use powered ones. Inlet for the IPod was a horrible oversight.