2006 Infiniti FX35 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:
a real dissapointment
By Martin Pollmueller on 09/04/07 19:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the look of this vehicle. It handles well and the engine is well suited for this type of truck. The interior is attractice and the car feels solid as a higher end one should. I bought this car based on the good reliability and performance reviews. Unfortunately, I got a lemon. Fine, it can happen to any manufacturer. However, Infiniti ( Nissan)really doesn't care about the customer once the sale is made. In the first 5000 miles, both the frontend and transmission had to be replaced. It took seven months before the work was performed. These were the major issues but there were many more, all manufacturing defects.Infiniti doesn't take responsibility for collateral damage caused by its

Don't buy this car
By sidd_myster on 09/03/07 12:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought an FX 35, 2006. Drove great for 6 months and then had an issue with the rack and pinion. Since then there has been a shake in the car around 60 to 70 miles. The steering wheel shakes consistently and the dealership cannot seem to fix it. I have taken it in four times and they keep saying it is normal for the car. Normal for 40K car to shake at 60 miles an hours. Very disappointed in Infiniti. Will never buy an Infiniti again.

Fantastic Car and Precisely Priced
By FX35_Oman on 05/26/07 01:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the exterior design, and the engine performance is very sporty. The ride is rough and no one can argue that!

2006 Infiniti FX35
By chetrack on 04/26/07 19:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Car is great! Beautiful with a feeling of a real piece of equipment.

Great car
By Sofia on 04/01/07 22:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have driven the car for about 7 months and we absolutely love it. Performance is outstanding and it is great fun to drive. Interior and exterior design and quality beats anything else we have seen. We have three kids and can fit three child/booster seats in the back. Cargo space was much larger than expected!! It is wider than the competition and the FX is more practical to load. Great combination of design and performance. With AWD and the powerfull engine, gas mileage (16-21 mpg) is a bit low. It drives like a sport car but is still extremely comfortable. Most other SUVs feel like trucks but not this one. Great control on the road.

Could not be happier FX35 rwd
By malan on 03/13/07 07:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Not only is this fun to drive, but my wife wants one now. I have had no issues and I don't see the issues people are having with the bluetooth. Both my wife's and my phones work very well. I can't believe the power and comfort of this vehicle. Gas is great. If I wanted better then 23 I would have bought a different car. Yes I feel the road some but that is the sports car in it. WOW!

Outstanding Vehicle!
By Jack Pot on 03/02/07 16:58 PM (PST)

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is fun, fast and turns heads. Comfort is good--not much backseat room. Fit and finish are excellent as is the reliability.

This is no truck!
By Hawk8485 on 02/11/07 09:58 AM (PST)

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After 25 years of driving German sedans, this is our first Japanese made vehicle. Quite impressive. We did not want a truck for our first SUV, and the FX35 is a nice compromise between a sedan and a full sized truck based SUV. Drives much like a sports car on steroids. Powerful, responsive, and fun to drive, yet gets good gas mileage. Smooth transmission, too, as it never has any abrupt shifts. Rides like a nice sedan, but handles deep snow with aplomb. Not as roomy as most SUVs as this vehicle is not meant for hauling a lot of "stuff." Instead, it holds four people in excellent comfort, and handles like a car. We also love the tv camera for backing up. Great visibility all around.

You'll Buy It Because It Looks Cool
By Ballah on 01/17/07 21:10 PM (PST)

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We traded in our Mercedes ML for my wife for the FX and I drive a BMW M Coupe. At first I didn't think it was worth the money considering the rear passenger leg room is sparse, it has the least amount of cargo room in its class, I had to buy a roof rack for our snow boards, its difficult getting our small kids in and out of the rear, and there is A LOT of plastic in the interior. But 15k miles later I love the way it handles (just like a V8), great exhaust note, and superb handling (easy transition to go from my M to this car). As it compares to other SUVs in terms of practicality it isn't a smart choice, but its the best for overall performance and incredible aesthetics.

SUV with vroom
By Phil Mc kenna on 01/08/07 12:14 PM (PST)

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is a real surprise. The utility of a suv with the speed and grace of a sport coupe. The price beats all other vehicles in this segment ( bmw x3 ). You can't beat the bang for the buck.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.