Used 2006 Infiniti FX35 Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:

Two months in...
By Brian BTLG

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I loved the styling and there doesn't seem to be many on the road so it is quite unique. Drove Lexus, Mercedes, Acura, and Lincoln. Infiniti gives you the most tech features for the money with AWD. I've owned Nissan's before and they've always been reliable. Nav is awesome, bose system is the best I've owned yet, seats are very comfortable on longer trips, snow mode is perfect in deep snow, brick (orange) interior is simply amazing, lots of power, plenty of room and storage, and very comfortable ride. Have a good friend with X3 and another with Denali. This blows those away. Down sides: Barely getting 16 MPG and calls for premium fuel, poor rear visibility, and complicated bluetooth phone.

Nav, back up camera, bose stereo, intelligent cruise control, snow mode, AWD, laid out interior, exhaust sound, lots of tech features, dual climate control, lots of storage, many compliments, and Infiniti/Nissan reputation and reliability.

Gas seal broke very first day and leaked gas all over my garage, if MPG remains around 16 at least allow for 87 fuel, not sure I like the intelligent key, bluetooth phone is complicated to use (you will never take the time to use it), move gas gauge and low fuel warning light, and needs 6th gear.

Great Car
By Kristi

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a realtor and have loved having this car to show clients in. There is plenty of room in the back seat and for people with long legs. It has a really sporty sound, and handles well. Doesn't make super tight turns though and I feel like sometimes it is hard to see over the hood because of how round it is. The other weird thing is the location of the gas level indicator. It is poorly placed and was right in the line of the steering wheel. I have ran out of gas two times since owning this car purely because I didn't see the red light go on or realize how low I was on gas. Not a lot of storage room either. But all in all, a fantastic car I would recommend.

Keyless entry, navigation, heated seats, snow option and AWD.

Move the gas level indicator somewhere in better view. Gas mileage is not so good.

Best SUV & Sports Car Combo
By mden09

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I used to have the Infiniti QX4 and the G35. When the FX35 released it was the best of both worlds- the power of a sports car and the room within an SUV. I have been very happy with this purchase. A lot of other brands have tried to copy its slick design, but failed in my opinion. Still the best looking cross over.

Performance of the G35, slick exterior, back up camera, cargo space, comfortable seating

The handsfree bluetooth does not work properly. It rarely matches the name with the correct number and I received many complaints that people could not hear me. I would also make the cargo slightly bigger. When children are involved, the only thing that fits in the the trunk area is the stroller.

pretty good
By ehanbameh

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bluetooth handsfree does not work the way it should be. Its voice recognition system won't recognize your voice right. It will work as a simple handsfree. Still, mic quality is horrid. Folding chair catches the seatbelt and won't fold the way it should be. Vent stinks even after changing filter. But with all that in mind, I don't find anything bad with this car. Handling is superb compare to other suvs. Exhaust has low growls that entertains and never annoys. Steering stiffness is perfect as well as the ride quality. Power is always there in wide rpm range. In overall, it is a great buy and there's no others quite like this. Unless you're buying a x5 of course.

30k Miles later...
By Type2A

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I wrote a review 2 years ago when I leased the car, but now after 2 years 30k miles later I've changed my tune... The FX is purely eye candy and has no uses as an SUV. It lacks in space (trunk area is half of any other SUV & passenger leg room is minimal) and my family of 4 barely fits in the car (can't even take road trips because its so small). The snow feature sounds like a tonka truck falling down stairs when it activates. Services cost more than my BMW M3 and parts are very expensive. If the weather gets below 32 degrees the car's performance and driver-feel becomes sub-par. After I hit 20k miles the car started to feel like it had 80k miles. I WOULD NOT PURCHASE THIS CAR AGAIN!

Back-up camera, 20 inch upgraded wheels (don't go with the 18s). Infinitis do great when they're new and test well in magazine reviews, but after 20k miles the car hasn't met expectations...

More cost efficient services, cheaper parts, less plastics used on interior, more durable leather, non-reflective computer glass, better fuel economy, fix window squeals, HORRIBLE snow performance, interior vehicle components are becoming loose (rattle while driving), Height of trunk hard to use.