Used 2006 Infiniti FX35 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Infiniti FX35 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:

Not sure if i would repurchase
By evnstvn

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned a previous Nissan product (1993) Maxima that I had for 10 years (best car i ever had), I ended up buying a 2006 FX 35. Always loved the styling and after driving it (and competitors) decided on the FX. I still love the driving experience, but not necessarily the ownership experience. Have had multiple issues with having to return the vehicle to the dealership (which I admit, Infinity of Coconut Creek has been great) for many issues related to trim/cosmetics, I have also had to have 3 mechanical issues with the car that if I had to pay for out of pocket would have been very expensive if not covered under warranty. I do not think I would purchase another Nissan/Infinity product

Style, handling, interior space (other than cargo, but I didn't buy it for cargo hauling)

better vendor for trim (interior and exterior). didn't expect it to ride like a Cadillac, but didn't expect it to ride like a freight train either

Highly upset
By highly piss

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchase this car about 1 months ago, 2 weeks in the engine light cuts on so I took it to the dealership the dealer tells me they can't find the problem and why the light is staying on so I've been riding around in a loaner car for 2 weeks

did not have time to check everything out

let me have my car more than 2 weeks before I have to put it in the shop

Long Term FX 35 Review - Excellent!!
By TY in IL

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second FX. Bought '04 and put on 120,000 mi and then purchased '06 with 11,000 that now has 96,000 miles on it. Combined I have over 200,000 miles experience with FX and I'm thinking about 09 FX 50 now. I have had zero mechanical issues in either FX. Very reliable. I spend 4 hours/day in car, and this is my rolling office. Sports car, luxury sedan, and some utility makes it perfect for me. I have black/brick, all options/ chromes, and can't find another car I'd rather drive. I have much experience buying tires and I recommend 20" Yokahamas or Nittos. from Discount Tire. They improve ride. Combining fun to drive, reliability, styling and wow factor - can't lose with FX

Exhaust note, sport package/seats (must get), Bose tunes, cornering, keyless entry, Tech pkg, people still compliment it, rock solid suspension, fun in sun/snow/rain, dealer support. It really is a sports car wrapped in an SUV body - gotta go test drive FX 50 next week.

Bluetooth bad in '06 model. Lane departure warning annoying and assisted cruise control jolting.

Two months in...
By Brian BTLG

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I loved the styling and there doesn't seem to be many on the road so it is quite unique. Drove Lexus, Mercedes, Acura, and Lincoln. Infiniti gives you the most tech features for the money with AWD. I've owned Nissan's before and they've always been reliable. Nav is awesome, bose system is the best I've owned yet, seats are very comfortable on longer trips, snow mode is perfect in deep snow, brick (orange) interior is simply amazing, lots of power, plenty of room and storage, and very comfortable ride. Have a good friend with X3 and another with Denali. This blows those away. Down sides: Barely getting 16 MPG and calls for premium fuel, poor rear visibility, and complicated bluetooth phone.

Nav, back up camera, bose stereo, intelligent cruise control, snow mode, AWD, laid out interior, exhaust sound, lots of tech features, dual climate control, lots of storage, many compliments, and Infiniti/Nissan reputation and reliability.

Gas seal broke very first day and leaked gas all over my garage, if MPG remains around 16 at least allow for 87 fuel, not sure I like the intelligent key, bluetooth phone is complicated to use (you will never take the time to use it), move gas gauge and low fuel warning light, and needs 6th gear.

Great Car
By Kristi

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a realtor and have loved having this car to show clients in. There is plenty of room in the back seat and for people with long legs. It has a really sporty sound, and handles well. Doesn't make super tight turns though and I feel like sometimes it is hard to see over the hood because of how round it is. The other weird thing is the location of the gas level indicator. It is poorly placed and was right in the line of the steering wheel. I have ran out of gas two times since owning this car purely because I didn't see the red light go on or realize how low I was on gas. Not a lot of storage room either. But all in all, a fantastic car I would recommend.

Keyless entry, navigation, heated seats, snow option and AWD.

Move the gas level indicator somewhere in better view. Gas mileage is not so good.