2002 Hyundai XG350 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XG350 model:
one of the best we have owned
By Jim on 03/18/05 03:02 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car was the one my wife wanted. I had my doubts. Having owned a Maxima and a Saab 9000 I was hard to please. This car is a dream. We now have 35,000 miles on it and it has been virtually perfect. The very few minor problems have been corrected by the dealer in one visit. We did have a problem with the radio...intermittently just turned on. No questions asked..just install a whole new radio. Very places. The car is comfortable, responsive, quick and easy to drive. The features for the money are second to none. I am sold. My Saab 9000 is due for replacement this year and I think we will be a two XG350 family.

dont buy it
By royalty on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Hyundai after looking over lots of cars as it seemed the best buy for the money. I WAS SO WRONG! You DO get what you pay for and I got a good looking but cheaply made car. "Drive by wire" accelerator is horrible; bogs and lunges despite reprogram. Transmission has been replaced 4 times. Brakes warped twice and they only cover them once so second time you pay. Battery failed after 2 years and you pay for it - not warranty. Horrible vibration that they couldn't fix until I showed them the TSB to fix it. Clunking noise in front end they couldn't fix until, again, I showed them the TSB to fix. Lot's of other problems too numerous to list here. DON'T BUY THIS CAR!!!

This is BEST new car in 25 I have owned
By mike350l on 07/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I don't understand the low ratings by the editors, we have owned 25 cars in 14 years (between us) and this is the ONLY one I have had more than 12-14 months. It is comfortable and reliable. Best deal going only paid 24k for it when similarly equipped models were 34-39k when purchased. It has EVERY option you could imagine and it is so quiet and smooth to ride in. We have logged over 50k so we travel a lot. The seats are still great. Most people are afraid of trying a name their family, friends or others have not tried or deemed COOL. If you want to save a lot of money and have a great warranty buy one! give one of these a look.

Nothing but trouble
By Daman on 07/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Car appeared to be a value but I am on 3rd transmission, front brakes and rotors went at 30K miles, battery gone at 2 years. Tires worn out at 35K. Just had 60K service! WOW! Over $1100 for timing belt and service! If you don't get the timing belt done, warranty is void! Needs to sacrifice some ride quality for handling. Sways in curves almost to the point of being dangerous.

XG wins!
By SRG on 07/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We looked at the camry, accord, and others.. but bought the XG because it was different from what everyone else had, and came with a great warranty, too! So far, after two years, the only problem we had was a crack in the windshield, and Hyundai replaced it free.

Too Much Trouble
By DeeE on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car becasue it had a good rating and it was much less expensive than a Toyota Camray or a Honda Accord and was very well equipped for the money. It has a quiet and very smooth ride at the expense of handling. I have had nothing but serious pronblems with the car including replacing the transmission twice! The tires lasted less than 35K miles and the front brakes and rotors had to be replaced at 55K miles. The rotors were warped and the dealer would not turn them on warranty. It cost $815 to have the timing belt and serpentine belt replaced which must be done at 60K miles to keep the warranty. I had to replace the battery after 2 years and 1 month!

See ya Avalon
By biggus on 06/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best buy out there. Period.

deal of the century
By webesokool on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am very happy with this car. I will consider buying it again when the body style changes. No problems for nearly two years. All passengers comment on its comfort and riding smoothness. Love driving it especially on the highway.

Excellent Automoble and great value!
By Joseph Inzalaco on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai XG350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After owning a Mercedes for years my wife and I were tired of the costly repairs. We decided on the XG 350 because of the value, but recieved much more. The interior is as luxurious than sedans of much higher costs.I have made comparisons to Mercedes and BMW's other family members own. The stereo system is unbelievable with superior sound to anything we have ever owned. It is a blast to drive with the 3.5 litre 6 cyl. and shifttronic transmission. Great car!!!!!!

Big Bang for the buck
By jay t on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car has performed fine so far the ride is smooth and quiet seats are comfy leather is excellent heated seats will now always be a must have. audio has great sound i would recommend this car forget about what the neighbor says its your cash you save and tha car is well worth it especially if your like me and put 200000 miles on a car. the warenty has been great they even replaced a headlamp free.