2001 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews 4

2001 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:
Tiburiburon
By iridespinners on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

never would have given Hyundai a second thought but the interior was great looking and compared to a Celica, it was like 5 grand cheaper and w/ a few more options. Warranty is the best and this car is super reliable. Common problems are headlight bulbs and wheel bearings which are covered in warranty. car is so customizable w/ aftermarket parts and I got SO many compliments from what I did to it. I made people w/ cars that cost so much more look like nothing. I am so pleased with Hyundai and their service and if they came out with a "real sports car" I'd for surely buy it. I crashed my tib and truely miss it as do many people. Its truly one of a kind.

I LOVE THESE!!!
By ILOVEBUFF144 on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2001 Hyundai Tiburon and I am so in love with it. I wouldn't trade it for anything except for maybe like a Porsche Boxter or something... This is the cutest "cheaper" car I have found and I love it!

Hyuandai's are Awesome
By tommigirl_tlc on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love to drive my car.....It is fun and sporty and buying gas doesn't clean out my bank account....I can drive from Monroe Louisiana to Dallas Texas on one tank of gas....It is perfect for the college student who loves to save money and still have adventures.

won't buy another hyundia
By tibappointed on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

trading my sunfire was my first mistake. paying retail was my second. the car caught my eye and had to have it but was i wrong. tires only get 20,000 miles driven politely. and are ridicously expensive. You can only put V rated tires on this car and there is no need for them. resale value is a joke after owning the car for 9 months lost $7,000 value. luckily it has the great warrantee because it needs it

Love my Tiburon
By Yellow Tib on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car from a couple of years now and have driven it pretty much from one end of the US and back again with no problems whatsoever. The car is a huge amount of fun to drive, especially for the price that I paid. My version is a stick shift, so I have no complaints on the power but I imagine as an automatic you'd definitely notice the difference. As a little extra bonus, I regularly get compliments from strangers on the looks of my vehicle which has never happened to me before. I know Hyundai has a bad rep but I would have no problem recommending the vehicle to anyone and have no plans to trade it in anytime soon.

Love my Tib
By Gina on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is my baby! I got what I paid for, it's obviously not a lexus, but way less problems than any other car I owned. The Power windows was a known issue and the Dealership will fix any little thing I can complain about! It's a great car to drive, looks really cool too.

Grins and complaints
By Masked on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had minor problems as soon as I drove it off the lot. Auto-down on the p/w didn't work, Stereo is messed up, and the power locks stopped working. All have been fixed VERY quickly and I've been very impressed with the dealer. Driving it has been fun and it corners well, but when I have a group of friends in the car to say the power is gone is an understatement. I also find the seats to be extremely uncomfortable, and I'm only 6 feet tall. Interior is nice otherwise. Watching heads turn as I drive by cars on the interstate is also a hobby of mine now.

You gotta love the look!!
By aka_rerun on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I think over all this is a very good car. I test drove many other sports coops before I picked the tib. The main reason for my choice is its a great looking car. Second is price and the 3 was it had good handeling. So far I have had only one problem with it during the winter I wrecked one of my whippers because it froze to the the window and I turned them on.

resale value
By kwb50 on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We just sold our Tiburon. We brought it new from Hampton Hyundai. It went for $16000 in January of 2001. When we went to Hampton to trade it in, they only offered us $7000 for it!!! Great car, but don't expect much of a trade in.

GT-R
By Superstar on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Ever since the Tib went on sale in 1997, i wanted this car. It looked like nothing i had ever seen, and for a cheap amount. my grandfather bought me a used blue 2001 tib with 10,400 miles. i've now had it for 8 months and has been so much fun. i prob wash it atleast once a week. sufficient amount of pick up for an economy car and is fun to shift. already have put a magnaflow exhaust and an AEM cold air intake on it. lots more performance for $500 worth of mods. its worth it. overall, great first car for a 16 yr old!