My first hyundai
By sonata20t on
2012 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
The car is excellent for the value. Hyundai put a lot into this car regarding quality. I purchased the car new with all maintenance included. I have owned the car for 1 year so far. No issues. Important: You have to do the maintenance on this car or it will not drive like it is supposed to. Also, the car has a GDI engine. Please read up on the engine. I bought a turbo because the engine runs better with it. I have seen mileage fluctuations but it was related to gas and oil. You have to put premium in once a month. Chevron with Techron is best. It does require injector cleaner once every 2 months to keep up the MPG. Buy the maintenance with the car!!!!!!!!
Favorite Features
I like not having to pull out a key to access all parts of the car. The upgrade to navigation was worth the investment. This major option comes with the back up camera and the improved stereo. I would recommend to everyone to do that. The Turbo is designed to run with the 2.0 GDI and make it more efficient. The only model I recommend for the driver enthusiast is the 2.0T with NAV. You will thank yourself for the extra investment. The power will give you better MPG and the back up camera is priceless. The other engines will be too slow and the radio will suck without the upgrade. (It is a different radio.) The limited gives you rear AC vents.
Suggested Improvements
They do need to address the steering to make it more stable going straight. This car is not designed for bumps and harsh driving on bad roads (2.0T). The steering will wander!!!! You have been told. It is because it is electric assist. Keep your hands ON THE WHEEL!!!!! I do wish the car would remember to keep the cruise control on instead of having to turn it on each time I turn the car on. Also, complete automatic up/down options for all windows, not just the driver's window would be great. I agree that the road noise is an issue but that is the tires. It would be great if Hyundai put quieter tires on from the beginning.