2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata Hybrid model:
NOT A BAD RIDE AT ALL
By samsmith76 on 08/13/14 16:22 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Got about 4K mi on my 2013 Sonata Hybrid LTD (no sunroof). People have mentioned they don’t like the brakes with this car but to me brakes are fine (I’m not a tailgater though!). They take a bit getting used to at first. People seem to forget that the brakes are specially designed to capture energy when you slow down and brake to help recharge the HEV battery. I quickly learned that you shouldn’t mash the brakes. Nice and gentle, steady as she goes = $aving $ at the pump!

Safe
By consumeresq on 07/28/14 15:47 PM (PDT)

I only had my '13 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid for 6 weeks before it was totaled by someone running a red light. The car did what is was supposed to and protected my son and I from serious injury. The airbags went off and even the body shop said it fared very well for the impact it received. I enjoyed the car and think you get a lot for your money. The gas mileage was a little disappointing, but it had better than expected acceleration up hills. I think it has great styling and looks a lot like a Lexus. My only other complaint would be the gas pedal had a strange placement, I felt I had to have my seat too close in order to comfortable press on the gas pedal.

I Love this Hybrid
By golfing713 on 03/01/14 16:36 PM (PST)

I test drove 2014 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE. 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid, 2014 Toyota Prius Plug-In, and 2013 Honda Civic Hybrid. All of these hybrid cars share the same feature, CVT. Continuous Variable Transmission. I work for Nissan and most Nissan's have a CVT in the car which are consistently being replaced. Since there first or second year CVT's I passed on Honda/Toyota. The Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited has a smooth quiet ride. Has a lot of great features and gas mileage so far has been in the low to mid 30's. Fit and Finish, seat comfort, back-up camera. nav, bluetooth make this car a great choice. Don't listen to the bad reviews, I feel this car has a great value for the $$ D

love it
By tgainey on 02/28/14 19:49 PM (PST)

I love my sonata hybrid. This is the first time I have owned a hybrid. I love it. The dealership made the buying experience painless. Because of my awesome experience with the first Hyundai is why I decided to return to Ron Carter for this replacement.

Love it
By kmahon on 09/02/13 17:05 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan w/Panoramic Sunroof Package (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Just back from a 600 KM trip. Average mileage was 5.3L/100Km. Feels like I am playing a video game when driving. Smooth, comfy and saving money on gas for sure. Love the looks- the blue inlay on the silver metallic looks great and heads turn.

Technology Is Not There
By docrickets on 08/16/13 15:37 PM (PDT)

Voice command is way off. These guys need to study Apple SIRI. The system has a very hard time recognizing voice commands. By the time it does recognize what you want, you have driven off the road or caused an accident. Even the service advisors are clueless in helping you with the problem. Blue Link is Hyundai's answer to on-star. Don't waste your money. They use cell sites to triangulate your position or to speak with you. Will not work if your out of the cell towers. The operators are rude and their supervisors are arrogant.

I love my hybrid!
By teke45 on 08/09/13 12:21 PM (PDT)

Purchased Limited 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid 6 speed automatic. The car is not slow or noticebly shifty when merging into traffic. The ride is smooth and braking is precise. If you drive like a teenager then this car may not be for you. I travel approx. 90m a day, mostly highway miles. Avg. miles 44.5 per gallon. I am saving serious money on gas! The seats are comfortable and the cabin (two tone camel/black) is roomy. The dashboard is pleasant to look at and the navigation system is easy to manage. I am so happy I did not dismiss this car based on the expert reviews. Find out for yourself and test drive this car, you won't be disappointed.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Sedan in VA is:

$156 per month*