Flashy sales pitch, poor result
By redrockrover on
2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)
Leased this car on the premise of great features together with great MPG. Traded in my old gas-guzzling SUV for "great" gas mileage. First tank lasted 550 miles, I was elated. After that my MPG has been taking a dump. I was quite surprised because my driving style is very cautious, even boring. My lowest whole tank average gas mileage at fill up was 16mpg. Absolutely pathetic, I should have gotten a truck. Got sold on comfy seats and sticker MPG. I expected the mileage to be less than sticker but not like this. If you live anywhere that gets cold, and you don't do lots of long distance driving, avoid this vehicle like the plague. I am counting the days until it disappears from my life.
Favorite Features
Comfy seats, Modern styling, Nice interior/exterior color combos, Number of features come standard, Headlights/taillights.
Suggested Improvements
Terrible MPG especially if weather is cold during wintertime, No spare tire, Hard shift between electric/gas, Transmission tends to get stuck in certain gears, Absolutely sluggish driving, Car will drift at freeway speeds, Steering has loose feel, Brakes catch easily making it really difficult to brake smoothly, Standard rims are ugly, Trunk space (batteries take of lots of it), BlueLink seems to have issues on occasion and just stops working.