ALMOST HAPPY
By baddog6 on
2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)
Traded my Town And Country in July and in agreement with most of the positive reviews but very unhappy with a rapid jerking on acceleration from lower speed.Does not feel like shifting or transittion from gas to elect. and does not do it all the time. Took to dealer and it ran fine and was told no reports of any problems then found edumonds review on line so don"t know what to think.Have bought over 20 cars and not had this problem and don't want it now.
By jsangalang
on 03/09/13 10:48 AM (PST)

I couldn't sign in and comment fast enough. I started out somewhat happy, the Fit and Finish are wonderful. 2 WEEKS TO THE DAY after getting this vehicle with 29 miles on it, the jerking upon acceleration was violent and the same happened upon braking. I was terrified. I made it home and had a tow truck come and get it from my garage. The dealer has had it for over a week now and still doesn't know what is wrong with it. I am terribly disappointed as I didn't need to trade (I had a 2010 Altima Hybrid and LOVED it), but was able to get a new car for a cheaper payment. I have friends with the standard Sonata and thought it might be a nice upgrade. I drive quite a bit for work and was hoping for a couple more MPG per tank. STAY FAR, FAR AWAY FROM THIS CAR!!