2013 Hyundai Elantra 1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - So Sorry I Bought One

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Review

So Sorry I Bought One
By citrushtsgirl on

2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I needed a good gas mileage low cost car to get to for work as my top priority. I got a little over what I wanted in payments, not bad but here is the worst part. It gets 19mpg on my commute and 17 if I am late and racing the car. Going back to the dealer they just point out on the sticker (I kept) that even though it says 30-40, in very small print by that it says 13-99mpg. Best vehicle rates 112 mpg's. Depends on how you drive. I just go to work and back! The cars do not come with spares & during my deal I was told they don't make them. So no offer was ever made to get me one. The next day I called back and they said they would sell me one.

Favorite Features

None. I thought it was going to be an Ecomony (ECO) button you put in the car, to save on gas, but I was told by the next dealer (owned by the same owner) that you need to commute short distances in the city without that button on! What's the point?

Suggested Improvements

Quit lying!!!!- to customers stating that you will get 30 city 40 Hwy. Do not sell anyone a car without a spare and tell them the cars are not made anymore with the compartments for them. Offer the customer a choice to buy one if they want. Do not ignore letters to the owner of the dealerships when they need help. Do not offer to sell a spare tire to anyone after they bought the car! Stop the cloud of white gunk that gets on the inside windows constantly! Put an ashtray in there for us "nonsmokers" who need a little place for garbage. What about smokers?
By sem103
on 01/13/14 04:07 AM (PST)

also, the gas mileage sucks!!!! what they have posted is such a lie.

By sem103
on 01/13/14 04:06 AM (PST)

I hate my car also 2013 hyundai elantra limited. pulls to one side has been in shop a couple of times, i wish i had never purchased it tulsa oklahoma