2012 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: No Regrets at 5200 miles

2012 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Review

No Regrets at 5200 miles
By chitown35 on

2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Fun to drive, actually accelerates well esp. in manual mode; Hyundai gets a lot out of a tiny engine. Excellent gas mileage in Eco mode; I'm getting 37-38 mpg right now on mostly highways w/ mild traffic. Looks great, recommended maintenance is cheap even at the dealership. Also, much better in the snow with some good traction control features than my previous compact car with no abs even. And there's a lot of room in the car; very spacious.

Love the USB port for charging and the standard audio aux input. Also like the performance in manual trans mode, but after my ticket for 108 in a 55 I shouldn't use that... Also love that I got it at a Hyundai dealership in North Aurora, IL with a LIFETIME power train warranty.

Some minor placements get a bit annoying; the radio controls seem far away, as does the steering wheel if I the seat is far enough back from the pedals. But maybe it's cuz I ride like a gangsta. Once I hooked a car-mounted android phone to the radio though it's a lot closer and I use only that now. Better speakers would be nice too.