Used 1999 Hyundai Accent L Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Excellent first car
By exonite

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

really reliably,economical and fun to drive car.it's been almost 14 years now and it's still handy and without any major problems

10th Birthday and still going strong!
By mweinmann

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this car in 2000 when it was one year old. I was looking for an economical, dependable car. This little gem has exceeded all of my expectations. I fit an unbelievable amount of stuff in the back....it is so much larger than it looks from the outside. My fuel bills are less than anyone that I know.....it drives great in snow....and the best part is that I have had to put so little $$$$ in this car!! At ten years old, it is still going strong. Best value I have ever had.

Roomy cargo area, economical, reliable.

smoother ride.

Great first car!!
By Anuj

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

I bought a 2nd owner Accent with 54K on it. I needed to for college and moving around the city. I used to drive it for more than 20 miles a day for 7 months and never and I repeat never did it malfunction. About an year now and I did not have to visit the mechanic once, sparing the routing emission test. To my surprise, the engine cranked to a start after more than 45 days in the cold. The pickup is not great, nor does it have a power steering, but it is simply awesome for the price. Go get one in a decent condition, you will not regret it..

Decent looks, unbeatable reliability, a good F/M player

Nothing for the price. But an A/C, a more powerful engine and an automatic transmission sure will help

99 Accent
By Allison

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

I bought the car with 10300 km's on it for $4400 in Canada. The hub caps rusted very easily and needed to be replaced almost right away. The car is small and comfy, but if you're a tall person I don't recommend this car.

Cheap wheels, great commuter car
By cjkip

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

I needed an affordable car when I got a new job requiring 100 commuting miles per day. 100% reliable, cheap transportation. LOVE the cargo room for such a small car - you wouldn't believe what I have fit into it - my friends didn't! Only complaint before 100k miles was pretty bad paint chipping from the front bumper. After 100,000, small things began to break like a plastic holder for the cargo shield, but easily replaced. Have put a little money into it, but not much, for timing belt, oxygen sensor, exhaust pipe. Still going strong at 116k. A great little car so far and still reliable.

Cheap, reliable transportation. Massive cargo space for its size.

CD player better paint job on the front bumper