1999 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
Excellent first car
By exonite on 08/23/13 17:27 PM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

really reliably,economical and fun to drive car.it's been almost 14 years now and it's still handy and without any major problems

10th Birthday and still going strong!
By mweinmann on 06/26/09 05:43 AM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this car in 2000 when it was one year old. I was looking for an economical, dependable car. This little gem has exceeded all of my expectations. I fit an unbelievable amount of stuff in the back....it is so much larger than it looks from the outside. My fuel bills are less than anyone that I know.....it drives great in snow....and the best part is that I have had to put so little $$$$ in this car!! At ten years old, it is still going strong. Best value I have ever had.

Great first car!!
By Anuj on 03/14/08 12:55 PM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

I bought a 2nd owner Accent with 54K on it. I needed to for college and moving around the city. I used to drive it for more than 20 miles a day for 7 months and never and I repeat never did it malfunction. About an year now and I did not have to visit the mechanic once, sparing the routing emission test. To my surprise, the engine cranked to a start after more than 45 days in the cold. The pickup is not great, nor does it have a power steering, but it is simply awesome for the price. Go get one in a decent condition, you will not regret it..

99 Accent
By Allison on 08/15/06 06:31 AM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

I bought the car with 10300 km's on it for $4400 in Canada. The hub caps rusted very easily and needed to be replaced almost right away. The car is small and comfy, but if you're a tall person I don't recommend this car.

Cheap wheels, great commuter car
By cjkip on 12/21/04 20:11 PM (PST)

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

I needed an affordable car when I got a new job requiring 100 commuting miles per day. 100% reliable, cheap transportation. LOVE the cargo room for such a small car - you wouldn't believe what I have fit into it - my friends didn't! Only complaint before 100k miles was pretty bad paint chipping from the front bumper. After 100,000, small things began to break like a plastic holder for the cargo shield, but easily replaced. Have put a little money into it, but not much, for timing belt, oxygen sensor, exhaust pipe. Still going strong at 116k. A great little car so far and still reliable.

Lot of Car for the money
By akasurf on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

Since purchasing my Accent in 1999, it has served me well! I replaced a Toyota that was 17 years old. I was a bit nervous about purchasing the Accent at first. But since owning this car I am sold on them! This car is every bit as good as my Toyota. It use to take me 60 miles to work and home again. Never skipping a beat, never letting me down! I offen recommand a Hyundai to my friends, and several have purchase them.

Great first car
By Brandon G. from CA on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

Ya, I'm 16 and I got my accent about 6 months ago and it has been great. It's not the fastest car in the world but it's still fun to drive.Also it's small size helps a lot with parking. It seems like a very reliable car and I'd recommend it.

FUN TO DRIVE
By KDNGIRL on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

Bought 1 year ago in the worst Alberta weather and it started no problem. It handles great on the snow and ice. A simple basic car for transportation. Good fuel economy. Very little engine noise for a car at this price.

cheapest and nicest car i ever bought
By niceDave on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

This car gets great gas mileage and is fun and easy to drive.

2,351 dollars including tax anad tags
By TrogdoR! on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

I just bought this car 3 days ago so I know i can't really say anything about reliability but for having only a 92 hp engine this car flys. I bought it for 2,351 dollars including taxes and tags it has 75,000 miles on it has no leaks oil and transmission both look good clutch is nice and firm the outside of the car is still shinny and the inside is clean as ever for my third car id have to say i enjoy this the most.