Used 2007 Honda S2000 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (38 reviews )

all positive
By Otterman

2007 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned "lil red" for 3 months. This is the first sports/performance car I've owned so I can offer no comparisons, but can say I have no disappointments. Very impressed with the build quality and I see no flaws in performance. This car is equally at home cruising downtown or screaming through the hills, and it never gets finicky, just purrs along ready for anything. Hitting vtec is nice, esp if you have some room to play. 8k rpm = 70 mph in 3rd, and you still have 3 more gears! Steering is very linear, suspension is firm but not punishing. This car makes no mistakes but will certainly point out yours :) if you like sports cars you'll probably love it.

it's all good

factory radio doesn't play mp3's?!

Major Oversteer Problem
By KW

2007 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I have lusted over the Honda S2000 ever since it arrived on the scene. I have had a '91 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce and a '96 Mazda Miata. I love my new convertible except on the freeway. Driving above 60 mph scares me and I feel like I'm going to lose control of the vehicle around freeway bends. There is major fish-tailing involved and I oftentimes struggle to regain control of the vehicle if I am driving anywhere over 60 mph. In Texas, driving less than 70 mph on the freeway is a death- sentence.

Despite no design changes since it was first introduced, I still love the way the S2000 looks inside and out. I also love the power convertible top--it goes up and down very quickly.

I am 5'2" and my knee hits the lower dash despite having the seat almost all the way back. It could also stand to have standard satellite radio and better radio controls as well. Hard to see out of with the top up. Very poor cup holders. Also harder to get in and out of than my other 2 convertibles.

Great car, just get seat locks!
By BRIJAN81

2007 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Had this car for 2 months loved it, it's a true roadster convertible. A real Honda enthusiast's car. I miss it. See, some thugs ripped my top and stole the seats out of my car. Took 3 weeks to order them from Japan (they come in pieces) and couldn't drive it for 3 weeks! Worst of all it happened in front of my house. So I had to get rid of it. I regret it. But couldn't deal with the stress of getting up every day and possibly dealing with this happen again. If you get one. Please get seat locks, and a really good factory alarm, it will save you a huge head ache like I wish I had avoided.

Top down gorgeous! Hot, sexy roadster, reliable (and everybody knows that) kinda rare. Rev happy, top down is quick.

Bad blind spot, seats can be removed easily. Seats barely recline

Honda S2K crazy
By HondaRich

2007 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned two sports cars, a 1980 Corvette and the 2007 Honda S2K. The Honda gets my vote. I purchased the Berlina Black. The only color for a fast, stealthy sportster. I was a bit disappointed about 20 somethings not gasping at this beauty, but I guess they gasp at Prius' instead. Had to wait for mileage to reach 1000, before really turning on the V- Tec above 6000. Wow, this engine is incredible. Nothing like winding 8000 in third gear. Even the fellows in F- 150's take notice. Best features: external beauty, beautiful wheels, "clean" interior, exceptional assembly. Best attributes: loud, throaty roar of the engine; stiff, hard, solid ride; this is a car for drivers.

Wheels- 10 spoke beauties; too bad the 2008 has five spokes

Trailer hitch ?

Retirement Gift to Self
By Steve Carroll

2007 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This is the best bang for the buck for a true sports car. When I run it in the mountains it wants to go harder than I am willing to take it and I run it pretty hard. The Corvette I drove had more power but inferior fit and finish compared to the S2000...and a much higher price tag. This is a fine true sports car in every way.

All features are great.

Better seat comfort/adjustment for long drives, a small V-8 as an option would have been great. I paid $900 to have a decent exhaust system installed (HKS). The factory exhaust is silly quiet for a true sports car but the same could be said for the three other sports cars I considered.