1992 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:
Mile after Mile
By alex33nad on 10/25/12 15:13 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Prelude S 2dr Coupe

This car refuses to stop running. Stick shift is the only way to go. -250K miles -The only reason I've ever been stranded road side was due to a flat tire. Take care of it and it will take care of you. Typical Honda rust. 2 out of the 5 gears grind a little bit. 2nd and 5th. I would recommend it to anyone. For a 20 year old car with a quarter million miles. It runs like a champ with a chip on it's shoulder like it has something to prove every damn day.

Best car I have EVER owned
By gary sanders on 01/14/09 13:41 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Prelude S 2dr Coupe

After having gone through a Chevette, Datsun B210, Monte Carlo, Chevy Beretta, I was convinced all cars were junk. This little Prelude was one of 2 left on the lot after a year. Never used - brand new with mileage less than 25 miles. I traded my piece of junk Beretta in for this car and got it for a steal. It is now 2009, NO rust, no exterior or interior problems, no major problems outside of maintenance and required items with the exception of the air handling controls. This car will outlive me and I get people wanting me to sell it all the time. If you have an opportunity to buy one, get it. They are an incredible and fun car. I plan on keeping it forever.

92 Prelude El Paso
By fernando on 09/04/07 08:39 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Prelude S 2dr Coupe

Fun car to drive, limited rear legs space as everyone knows but a pretty good size truck for a smaller car

My Prelude
By andrew garza on 04/15/07 15:17 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Prelude S 2dr Coupe

Well I bought my car at a junkyard and I liked it so much I'm currently waiting to save up enough money to purchase a new JDM 2.2L v- tech engine. I enjoyed the interior. It looked already sporty and ready to race since I'm into all that tuner car thing. I loved the way the seats were inside. They already had the shape of some aftermarket racing seats with the flares and stuff. I liked the smoothness of the ride, the shifting (mine's standard). Since I got it I have had so many compliments and I just can't wait till I take it to the track now.

Sweet Car
By preludeman92 on 06/20/05 16:19 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Prelude S 2dr Coupe

I love how everything looks and feels. It still looks almost new (stupid rust). I get lots of comments on how new it looks(despite being almost 15 years old). The accord engine is a little down on power when combined with the auto tranny. It will still keep up though, especially in corners. I've never really had any big issues with the car, just normal wear then the known issues with hondas of that age (brake master cylinder, master relay, valve cover seal and cam seal). I'm looking for a new car now and can't find anything that looks and drives as good as my prelude. I think I'm getting a newer one. I'm glad that it has back seats, keeps insurance down despite them being useless.

great niche car
By datadesk on 04/11/05 12:57 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Prelude S 2dr Coupe

This is a car that handles like a dream, and is bullet-proof reliable like every Honda I've owned. Maintenance is affordable, maintenance intervals are generous (for its time) 7500 oil / 90k belt. It's a shame they discontinuted this line - you pretty much have to buy an S2000 to get this level of handling nowadays. My S is a little low on power, but there's not much you can do with an Accord engine. If you have a choice, do purchase the Si or '93+ VTEC. You'll get a lot more for your money. As to the owner who blew his balancing shaft seal - your mechanic probably neglected to read-up on the Honda bulletin that urged you to swap it out ASAP due to a weak retention ring.

It's getting better
By Caligrl369 on 12/18/04 09:26 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Prelude S 2dr Coupe

Performance is great for a 4 banger, it seems I cant get the "just right" setting for the driver seat, has no in between. Gas mileage is pretty good if you don't use the gas hard all the time. It is a BLAST to drive the cornering and handling is soooo comfortable, what a rush. Interior design takes time to get use to. Exterior looks great the back seems really high for the front. Now reliablilty, let me say I'm disappointed, had heater core, radiator, thermostat, and several hoses blow in 3 back to back days, check engine light stays on no matter what. electrical issue galore. Just she has a mind of her own, that is for sure.

Black Beauty
By Miami Lyfe on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Prelude S 2dr Coupe

I puchased my 92 Prelude w/ over 160,000 miles on her. This car is has never let me down and drives really smooth. This car has excellent quality in the interior materials but CUPHOLDERS would be nice... The Engine is peppy and quick to deliver you the passing speed you need on the freeway. I consider my car to be a 2seater because those things in the back That Honda calls seats function better as shelves for me. My nine year old brother said it was cramped back there.... This car is EXCELLENT and drips with quality.

Prelude Pride
By aeropostel on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Prelude S 2dr Coupe

The honda prelude is trhe best car ever. i love it. its so good. it very reliable. i love the acceleration and the power. the engine feels liek a v6. none of my friends beleive me that its only a 4 cylinder. i like how i can feel good about it being over 100k. it runs perfect, and i have had no major problems. this car would smoke half of the performance cars out there, and thats only in its stock form

Love My Lude!
By ShortyONE30 on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Prelude S 2dr Coupe

I just got my 'Lude for x-mas and i was so excited to have it sittin in my drive way! Its the greatest car in the world and i love everything about it! I have tons of plans for it too! This is a great sporty car and sooo much fun to drive! Just gotta watch out for the Po Po's!