Glad I got it....
By Gringotimo on
2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
I got my Fit at the end of December and have driven it through ice, snow, rain, and dry. So far, I am completely satisfied in every way. As many reviews I read stated, it exceeds the stated gas mileage under all conditions. By driving around 65 mph, it usually gets around 37-38 mpg on the highway. No dragster, it still has enough pep to handle most situations easily. One of the few negatives I've noticed is the design of the rear roof posts. When backing out of a diagonal parking space, the one on the right rear corner obstructs the driver's view; not enough to be a hazard, more of a nuisance. Overall, it's a nice handling, comfortable, little car that feels like a much larger car.
Favorite Features
Very roomy interior for the size of the car. The rear seats fold down flat(in the hatchback) allowing loading pretty large objects in the rear. The stereo reads MP3 CDs and has an MP3 player jack so you can carry all your favorite music in the console. The hood is very short giving great visibility.
Suggested Improvements
Gear 4th and 5th a little taller so it will run at a little lower RPM at highway speeds. From the throttle response, I think it would handle it. With the current gear ratios, the gears feel abnormally close together when downshifting around corners.