2007 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
Best car ever!!!!
By legalavin on 03/19/14 08:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned infinity' s and Lexus most of my 'driving' life. Great cars. Then when my son was ready to go off to college we bought him a FIT. It was so much fun I stole it from him and gave him my old G20.

Bad Driver Seat Ergonomics
By k morash on 06/30/10 13:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love the fit, but I can't keep it. The gas pedal is 5" off the floor and this keeps my foot almost perpendicular no matter what position I put the seat in, at the end of 30 mins I have leg cramps and heel pain. My husband is 6' and there is not enough leg room for him as the center console is too close to the gas pedal to be comfortable. The amount of time a dealer offers to test drive, it would be almost impossible to discover the bad gas pedal placement, this has developed over months of commuting. I spoke to Honda and this has not been changed in any current models, so I have to trade for something other then a Fit and maybe something other then a Honda. Too bad.

A tank in snow
By Fit for Anything on 03/10/10 05:47 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We live in northern NY and for the last couple of winters have put some very aggressive snow tires on. It's a tank. Easily beats big SUVs off the line at snowy/icy stop lights. (Yeah, cheap thrill, I know.) Interior room is amazing. Only complaint is the seats are painful to sit in for much more than a couple hours at a time.

snow handling
By vinny on 02/09/10 16:57 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a certified 2007 honda fit with 19,000 miles.I was very pleased with this car till it snowed. The dealer had put on 4 new tires--whatever they were they are horrible....maybe the car is just too light.I thought my vw jetta was bad in the snow but the fit is ridiculous. I cant get out of my driveway even after I've shoveled it out.I got stuck on a level alleyway pulling out to a level street! After the road was plowed the remaining snow was throwing me all around even though the larger car in front of me was ripping right along.Now I'm scared to venture out with even the lightest snowfall.I 'll have to do more research next car purchase time.

Spend Your Money Elsewhere
By fit2006 on 12/29/09 08:15 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased Honda Fit 8/2006. LOCK: After 2 years, the driver's lock stopped working. Honda did not stand by the lock. Passenger lock also failing. BRAKES: Passenger brake caliper stuck causing the pad to wear down on that side only. Honda fixed it and promised it wouldn't happen again. This time, slider sticking, brake pad on passenger worn again! VISIBILITY: The side curtain airbags cause two very large blind spots for people my size (under 5'3"). HANDLING: The car has a high center of gravity. Wind causes the car to dance a bit on the highway. BODY INTEGRITY: Any kind of minor collision causes this car to crumple and the bumper to come off! The car is very boring.

Best in Class
By Jeremy on 05/09/08 05:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

With gas prices blah blah blah, yes we all seem to be in the market for small cars and I'm no different. I literally tried every small car available and did not have to think twice about settling on the Honda Fit. It exudes confidence in itself on every level and matched all of my expectations. This car is a perfect fit for many.

Still lovin' it!
By skey1952 on 03/18/08 07:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've driven my Fit for almost 2 years now. I don't have any major complaints. I drive a 30 mile commute twice a day on highways and average 36 mpg- cruising at around 75 MPH. I can get 3 grandkids (one in a booster seat), a large Lab in the back end and 2 adults up front. I've carried large boxes and lumber with ease. A 1300 mile road trip in my manual transmission Fit was most comfortable and economical. Last winter I was rear ended and the back end smashed up pretty bad- but the safety features in the crumple zone prevented any human tragedy.

Great all around
By CubanoRockr on 03/11/08 04:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Although I'd like to have a little more umph out of my cars, it's really hard to complain about the Fit. The 5sp transmission shifts smoothly and the suspension hugs the road like a much more performance oriented car would. There is plenty of space in the interior and the rear seat are truly "magic" as Honda quotes them. The rear hatch is huge, especially considering how it all looks from the outside. Overall I love the car. Great fuel economy, more than ample space, and best of category handling.

By chrississon22 on 01/17/08 03:40 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car in Feb. 2007 and have already put over 31,000 miles on it. I often drive rather quickly (on interstates, highways, and back roads) and have never gotten below 36 mpg. The Fit's suspension is pretty stiff which may turn off some drivers, but I think it makes little little car really fun to drive on twisty roads. As someone who often gets buyer's remorse with large purchases, if I had it to do all over again, I would still buy the Fit.

Still the One
By Patrick on 10/29/07 11:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Now have 37,000 miles and out of warranty. No reason to go back to the dealer except routine maintenence. Still look forward to driving it daily. I've read many comments and here's my take: Who wants to steal 10 gallons of gas when pickups hold 35 gallons? No need for a lock IMHO. Plenty fast, just accelerate in the 4 - 5.5K rpm range. It can take it all day. 4 people with A/C in hilly territory - yea, you have to row it some. But with 4.30/1 gears it jumps off the line. Small tank - it's OK cause I keep enjoying confirming the 35 mpg average I get using all 109 HP. I've forgotten about the dead pedal issue. No lit vanity mirror, locking glovebox, and armest not a deal breaker.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.