Used 2005 Honda Element SUV Consumer Reviews - 298 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Element SUV

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Element after 43,000 Miles
By Paul Christie

2005 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Element except for one nagging problem. My doors have a bad rattle in them that causes everyone who rides in it to think they aren't closed completely. I took it to the dealer while it was still under warrenty to have it fixed and they had to replace the door latches. The rattles continued. I will probably take it back again. A coworker has an Element and she says she has the same problem.

Versatility in hauling people or things. Great turning radius. Good visibility in all directions. Great headroom for my extremly tall friends. Excellent stereo (to drown out the door rattles). Lots of dashboard cubbyholes.

Passenger side arm rest. Automatic locks for both sides.

MPG Misrepresented
By ronimac

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am very disappointed in the gas mileage. I drive an equal mix of city/ highway miles and I average approx 200 miles per tankful. I fell that Honda has misrepresented the stated MPG listed on the vehicle. I have over 25 years of driving experience and I know that the poor gas mileage is not due to my driving habits. According to Consumer Report Oct. 05, one writer stated that he gets 14 MPG with his Element. I've driven Hondas since '92 and have seen the quality decline. I regret not purchasing a Rav4.

Roominess, lots of headroom, easy to clean

A/C could be colder, passenger door only opens when front doors opens, EX only has a ONE disc CD player verses a SIX disc with the LX (I guess they feel that the trial of XM for 3 months will compensate), rear of car does not cool adequately, sun roof in back needs to have a cover and/or pop up

The Best Car I Ever Have Had!
By Donette

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

L-O-V-E it! This is the best car yet for me...It is great to load my hockey gear - My dogs love the seats down and they cruise the whole car. Next trip camping - looking for to it - I still get some strange looks - but you just gotta smile - cause it is so fun to drive. Anytime someone wants to check it out stranger or not - I let them! I should be selling these cars-

The stadium seating in the back - People are amazed that there is sooo much room!

Given the gas prices these day - we all could use better mileage.

The Future of the SUV is here now!
By Ted A. van Landingha

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A well-designed, practical vehicle that is both fun to drive, functional in almost any situation, and interesting to look at. This vehicle has created a sense of brotherhood amongst its owners, much the way Jeeps did in the past. Every owner that I have met says they prefer it to any auto that they have ever driven. Pros: great sound sytem, loaded with accessories, smooth car-like ride, solid and detailed constuction, huge back seat legroom, and a spacious interior. Cons: I wish Honda made an "Element Offroad" with full locking 4WD, huge tires and wheels, skid plates, a "real" roof rack like the Nissan XTERRA, and the Honda Pilot V6 engine.

Luvin' my Element
By MARCRAW

2005 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I don't know if I could ever own another type of vehicle. I love my Element. The vinyl floors are a lifesaver. i never worry about spills, smells or allergens. Performance is fun! i was in an accident. A car pulled out in front of me. i was impressed with how my Element protected me.

Vinyl floor, it is so practical! Turning radius is awesome. Sound system is a blast!