2004 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
ride
By Chris on 02/19/05 14:15 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

the only negatives I have found with this car is the choppy ride and it could be a little quieter.

i love it
By wickedhuff on 02/03/05 18:07 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i love my e. it handles like a dream in the snow, the first vehicle i've owned that does. the only regret that i have is that i didn't get a 2005

i love it
By wickedhuff on 02/03/05 18:07 PM (PST)

my bread box
By Ed Mast on 01/27/05 21:41 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove this car as a goof. I immediately loved the comfort and it's ride. I was pleasantly surprised. I commute about 45 miles each way to work and this is pure fun to be in. I know the look is strange but this car is functional. It's not as spacious for cargo as our Odyssey but it makes up for it in many other areas. We had our first snow of substance last weekend. We had 18 inches. Before the plows came down our street, I tested the real time 4 wheel drive. It was spectacular. I was impressed. It did not spin or swerve. It grabbed the road and I felt in control. Excellent job, Honda. We have 4 Hondas (Odyssey, Accord, Civic) and this is my favorite. I'd recommend it to all.

Highly versatile, Honda quality
By DrDM on 01/26/05 13:29 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm at the opposite extreme from Honda's target market (Gen Y) for the Element -- I bought this car as an eminently practical solution to multi- function "retirement car" needs in rural Puget Sound. It regularly surprises and pleases with its thoughful practicality, abundant capacity, eager performance, and unperturbed handling on less-than- ideal road conditions. After 4 months and 5K miles it has yet to reveal a flaw in build quality. The Element's design requires some getting used to. The "window sills" are unusually high, and visibility on the flanks is iffy; the wide-opening clamshell doors make loading tough in tight parking stalls. Overall, it's a winner!

Kicks Bootie
By twink on 01/24/05 10:49 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought a new left over 2004 Element last week. Needless to say I was curious how it would handle the Blizzard of 2005. I was out in it all day Saturday and while other cars were stuck, my E just kept crusing along. I took it into a state park with 6+ inches of plowed snow on some back roads and it never missed a beat. The versatility is great and the ride is better than my 02 Civic. You'll love those wash out floors!!

Jack-of-all-trades, master of some
By somanycars on 01/16/05 04:12 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After driving my '04 Element for 7+ months now, I couldn't be happier with my purchase. This is one versatile vehicle, which does many things capably and some things brilliantly. A bit of background: I've owned a stupid number of vehicles (about 20) in the last 20 years, everything from tiny sports cars to vans to SUVs to pickups, and the Element seems to me to be unique in that it has at least a little something that's desirable in all those segments rolled into one vehicle.

Love My Element
By Dorisse on 01/14/05 16:23 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love driving this little big utility suv. My job requires me to haul some things and it fits the bill just right. I feel like I am driving an expensive SUV but I am not. Mileage is really good. Love it, Love it.

simple ergonic Vehicle
By divot97 on 01/10/05 16:41 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV w/Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

the car in cavernous on the interior. Great headroom. handles great in snow. suprising nimble for a car as tall as it is.

the best car yet
By tom gansert on 01/08/05 13:11 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV w/Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The element get feature is the calm doors make its interior access a pleasure for not only entering and exting but cleaning also. The leg room for driver and front passanger is a little cramped but the head and amr space makes up for it. I bought all option for the vehical espeacially for the extirior, it cost close to an additional seven thousand, but it was worth it. It looks like a different call when you put on the trim. The 2.4 litter engin has plenty of power. I have trailer hitch and plain on useing it this summer, so I can't coment on its towing capiblities, but main taining speed even on steep inclines is no problem. The car is built soiled giving you a safe feeling inside.