Used 2004 Honda Element SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Excellent little motor
By English_Knave

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my E since new, it has never had a single thing go wrong with it. It's a bit noisy and gets a little breathless on the highway, but the mileage is good and the handling is excellent. Incredibly versatile, I have had bicycles, lawnmowers, snowblowers and even a mid-size motorcycle in it. If you want a fun to drive, utilitarian , pickup type vehicle with a good standard of creature comforts this is the vehicle you want. I am still on the original tires . Don't buy the multi player CD player...buy an Ipod instead. I am currently looking to replace it with another E.

Flexibility and awesome reliability

More power, 30 hp would be enough and an electric driver seat with two memories would also be good.

Like driving a go-cart
By cleanqueen

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is so fun to drive! I got a manual transmission which makes it even more fun to drive! I find that with the stick, it has more pep than an automatic transmission. Since the car has no carpet, it's great for hauling my dog who sheds around in it. It has a tremendous amount of knee room in the back even for tall people. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone who wants an affordable SUV style car that has a lot of room in it without paying big bucks!

Stick shift on the dash, leg room in back.

Roll down windows in the back.

Great Vehicle
By Deborah

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this vehicle about 3 months ago and have taken it on trips non-stop. We were impressed with its ability to be like a truck, you can load and haul pretty much anything in it. Clean up is very easy. Just wipe it clean and you're done. Easy to wash and wax too. Not much to do because the durable plastic exterior part is so easy to wipe down.

Nice head room. Great handling. We camp in it all the time. We can fit a full size foam mattress in the back with the seats out. Great sound system. Comfortable and easy to clean.

The moon roof flips up, but it would be nice if it could slide open. Gas mileage is about 25, but we wish it was better.

Element Lover!
By CAS

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am in a wheelchair. I got the Element because the backseats would hang and the back door opened like a van. I could pop my 15 pound wheelchair behind the driver's seat and go.

There's no carpet. I love the floor covering. It is also the cutest car on the road.

For me with a balance problem, I wish the back doors opened differently.

great vehicle
By howard

2004 Honda Element SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

the car is so practical. there are so many things that you can do with this car. packing the car with many items is easy. so many other cars are not practical, just made to look attractive and comfort and interior room count more for the drivers.

the interior room of the vehicle. i really like the vision because of the height of the car and the windows. people sitting in the back seats can stretch their legs out and look out all the windows with ease. i like to use the word practical as this is the way the vehicle was designed.

sun roof over the front seats.

• SUV