Used 2004 Honda Element SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Element SUV

View reviews for a specific Element model:

fun with function
By H K

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV w/Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Element for ten months now. It is the most functional vehicle i have ever owned. there are only a few things that can be improved upon. The suicide doors while being essential to the function of this truck pose a problem for back seat passengers. The front seatbelt must be unbuckled and the front door opened before the back seat passenger can enter or exit. Also, the windows barely open at all in the back seat. For this reason I would recommend the vehicle to someone who only carries passengers occasionally. For an active lifestyle the Element cannot be beat.

Favorite Features

Turns on a dime. Fun to drive. No carpet. Great sound system. Big car feel.

Suggested Improvements

Mount front seat belt to front door. Windows that open wider in back seat.

baby hummer
By Blue2runner

2004 Honda Element SUV DX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just the right hight. Very nice seating aragment all my back seat passagers like the way they can see out over the front and not having to sit off to the side like others suvs. Also they like the leg room . As do I the Driver I like the quick pick up and the ride is better than the rav4 I had and also better than the matrix wich I traded in for this ..

Favorite Features

Like the all weel drive. power windows and the doors all side and the rear .. And the easy to clean floors The rear sun roof also nice and the dark tint windows..

Suggested Improvements

Should make the side steps for entry on all .. More colors..

Power plus Room
By Dan & Lyn

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV w/Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It has a lot of power for only having such a small engine. The room inside is great for the passengers, but it would be great if it was about 6 inches longer in the back. I am suprised that their is not a hybrid Element on the drawing board or one with a V6.

Favorite Features

Snappy response. Passenger room is awesome!

Suggested Improvements

Six inches more room behind the back seat, and a Hybrid version that gets 35 to 40 MPG in town and 33 to 36 on the hiway!

Fun to drive!
By E.

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Honda Element, I have had several Hondas but this one has been the best. It's fun to drive and has so much hauling room, it makes going to the hardware store a piece of cake, not to mention how nice it is to fold up the seats and use it for a kennel when going to the Vet. I like that you don't have to worry about staining the carpet when you spill something. This vehicle is a must have at a great price!

Favorite Features

I think what I like the most about the Element is the different configurations for the cargo area, this has come in handy on several occasions.

Suggested Improvements

What needs to be developed is a better tool for cleaning the molding without causing discoloration.

me love element
By elementlover

2004 Honda Element SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

i feel like the king of the road in my element and when im on the road i need a place to sleep me and my element go together like spaghetti and meatballs theres no better car and i totally suggest this car over any other car out there escalade, mercedes, hummer, lexus, porshe ive driven them all and i wouldnt trade my element for any of themif you dont have a element thats like not having air to breathe

Favorite Features

the whole car is my favorite

Suggested Improvements

put about 60 more horsepower in there and i will live in it