2000 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: Five years later and I'm still

2000 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

Five years later and I'm still in love
By crvbee on

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

I now have 108,000 miles on my 2000 CR- V (manual transmission) and just had the first non-maintenance repair work done today. The right rear trailing arm needed to be replaced. To say that I have been thrilled with my purchase, is a bit of an understatement. It's been reliable, versatile, comfortable and fun to own. It's surprisingly roomy and can fit just about any cargo you'd care to move on a typical Saturday. It cleans up well for a nice night on the town, but isn't too prissy to get dirty should the occasion arise. I hope to have 3 - 4 more years with this one, and won't have to look far for my next car. My local Honda dealer (where ever that may be) can expect me in 2008 or 2009

Seats are comfortable, even on extended trips. Excellent visibility. The picnic table and cooler are darn handy, even though I thought them silly at first. Fuel economy.

I now see sunroofs are offered in the newer models, and still wouldn't mind a V6 option, although that would probably blow the fuel economy. I wish the SE was available w/ manual transmission and that there was realistic storage near the dash for CDs, cell phones and other assort junk girls carry.