2013 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Honda Civic 2013 EX-L
By mcuyafx on 04/20/13 18:21 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had the car for over a month now so I think I can write a fair review. I considered the Corolla, the Mazda 3, and Nissan Sentra and while I liked the colors available in all of those, I felt more comfortable driving a Civic. My old 2003 Civic was great and this is awesome! Bluetooth, spacious room for a 5'5 male. The car is just fun to drive and gives great MPG. It's quiet and climate control is great. I didn't like the wheels at first but I love the sporty look on them now. Trunk space is limited but spacious enough for groceries, sporting equipment, and the crap I carry around. Dealer wanted to sell me multiple warranties, my response.."It's a Honda!" I know it will start in the a.m.

2013 Civic Si DELIVERS!
By ischneggs on 03/30/13 04:44 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

After driving a 2002 WRX, 2009 Forester XT (turbo), a tuned 1990's Altima (w/ slip diff), I'm happy to say the new Si is the best of them all! Road & wind noise are minimized, hearing only the rough & grumble growl of the engine. A buttery smooth clutch with short throws is easy & fun. Front slip diff performs remarkably, & even makes driving on all season 17" / 45s in snow & slush tolerable (I normally have snow tires). Ergos are nice, especially the back split fold down seats, center arm rest, matched int colors, & standard back-up camera. Of course there could be more space & luxury, like an Acura TSX or Audi A4. But then again, you won't pay $30k++ for the Si! Grade: A+

Happy with my 13 HCH!!!!!!
By coppercuckoo on 03/15/13 10:43 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Hybrid PZEV w/Leather, Navigation 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I got the Green Opal one 2 weeks ago. I now have about 500 miles on the car, and it came with 106. It was the only one available in the Tri-state area that was equipped as I wanted! It drives so nice and smoothly and I enjoy the great technology upgrade from the 2005 I sold in order to get this car. The Winter mpg change from the 2005 HCH to the new one, is pretty significant. I was told to keep the Econ button on all of the time to get the best mileage. If you are expecting a Green car, you will be surprised by the color changes the metallic paint makes. There are times the car looks light blue, blue/green. and an almost sea foam green. This is all dependent on the lighting!

Noteworthy improvements and a great daily driver
By eldaino12 on 03/12/13 10:32 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The compact market doesnt have 2 or 3 clear cut winners anymore. Honda underestimated this when they designed the 2012 civic (which my wife owns). For someone like her, who just wants something that is painless to own and operate, and gets good mpg, its a great car. But for me, the improvements on the 2013 are a little more than subtle. the biggest and most obvious ones are with the new standard features and the interior quality. I never had a quiet honda until now. Its quieter than my buddies 2012 focus, which is something i'd never thought id be able to say. gotten nothing but compliments and it feels very germanic..more like my old golf than my previous civics

Battery drain problem?
By htnj1 on 02/13/13 12:34 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Love the interior and exterior quality. New civic has a comfortable ride and very good fuel efficiency. Also like the fact that bluetooth and rear view camera are standard on all 2013 Civics. However, in the second week after buying the car I didn't drive it for another week and the car wouldn't start. Turns out the battery was dead due to cold weather (around 10-20 deg F) After jump start everything was ok but for a new car this is quite unexpected. Will have to watch it going forward how it behaves....

Better than the 2012, but .......
By drjc3 on 02/12/13 19:17 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I like the car overall, but I'm still having a hard time getting past the cheap honeycomb grill & the too black alloy wheels. I didn't realize when I bought the car 3 weeks ago that the radiator is as visual as the grill itself. The interior noise/engine are improved & the overall handling is very good. I wish I could get past the toys-for-us grill!

i would stay away from honda at least CIVIC
By juanc_15 on 01/26/13 01:08 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

i purchased a 2013 civic on december 2 2012 two weeks after i started hearing a "thunk" sound from the gasoline tank and the gasoline sloshing in the gasoline tank, the thunk is really aparent when i brake and the car stops i took it to honda and they say its normal, its a really anoying sound u can hear and feel the "thunk" the dealer FREEWAY HONDA in santa ana california no help at all,(stay away from this dealer) that means im going to have to live with that noise untill im able to trade the car in for a different brand with out taking any lo$s, the dealer doesnt even answer my emails now it seems that HONDAs quality is going down Buyer Be WARE!!!!!!!

Ford Focus may have the hatchback, but Civic has overall better value
By drivefun on 01/23/13 22:55 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I test driven the 2013's Elantra GT, Mazda CX-5, Focus SE hatchback (hb) and Civic Ex. It finally came down to the wire between the Focus and Civic.... I thought over the need of a hb, and seemed compelling at first, I don't recall needing to haul a lot of stuff last several years, and if I did I rented a van a couple of times from Home Depot. Next, the hb looks nice, but reduces the rear viewing area. Overall, I felt the Civic has improved significantly. MPG, long term cost of ownership, features and styling matters to me. The 2013 Civic nails them in pretty well. I'm giving it a 4 star on value, since it now cost a little more after Ford's recent $2,500 factory incentive.

Nice to own a honda again...
By gutzzz13 on 01/21/13 18:24 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

'10 Jetta lease was up. I dislike the styling of the new Jettas so I went in for a '13 Accord Sport and left with a '13 Civic LX. Both great cars but I enjoyed the handling and overall feel of the Civic a bit more. I now prefer the Civic dashboard over a typical one (surprisingly). I also own a '12 Subaru Impreza which seems a lot zippier to 40mph but it's also not nearly as quite (loud CVT and road noise) which for a daily commute of 120 miles is very important. My daily commute broken down is 40 miles city and 80 miles highway. I average 37mpg not using ECO but I use cruise control often. Over 400 miles per tank. I get compliments from my co-workers for what it is...a nice compact car.

uncomfortable seats
By derekleeo on 01/14/13 02:55 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It took a few days to realize how uncomfortable the front seats are in this car. I tried to trade it back in, and was told I would take a $3k loss. They also wanted me to pay full sticker on the new car. I would not recomend Ocean Honda of New Port Richey(Florida). I chose this car for the reliability and mpg. If it wasn't for the seat, I would love this car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Honda Civic in VA is:

$146 per month*