2013 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

2013 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Honda Civic?? (2013 DX)
By jonpipe on 02/12/15 18:10 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car is driven in northern Ontario.Mileage city 33.8 mpg US, Mileage hwy (60mph) 1.5mpg City mpg is better than the sticker claim but hwy is much less. The wind blows this car off clear off the highway. The front pillars are so thick you can hardly see around them (creates more blind spots). The rear brakes are seized by the minute with snow and ice. The car will not back up in 1" of snow on a slight slope. The wiper design and front windshield/pillars are insane. All this all does is create problems with rain/snow/visibility. The traction control is useless, it basically stops the wheels from turning completely. Not exactly peppy.

Update after a Year...
By rick4924 on 02/12/15 09:18 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have now owned my 2013 Civic EX sedan for about a year. I initially had issues with seat comfort due to the aggressively tilted headrest but have fixed that by modifying it somewhat. I must say the car has performed flawlessly for the year I have owned it. It delivers a quiet, solid-feeling drive each day to work. Honda knows how to build a solid, easy to drive car unlike any other manufacturer. The "connected" feel of the driving experience is something only Honda really does well in this price range.

Great all around car
By horrowitz on 01/07/15 07:05 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car new in May of 2013. I now have 10k trouble free miles on it, only requiring two oil changes. The car starts, drives, and runs flawlessly. Gas mileage around town in the winter is not great, but highway mileage is excellent. Maneuvering and parking in NYC is a breeze in this car. Interior is comfortable, and instruments are well laid out. The stock tires are fine for spring/summer/fall driving, but leave much to be desired for winter driving in snow and ice. get a second set of wheels with dedicated winter tires and you will be fine. This has been/is a great car. It is comfortable, economical, and adequately powerful. I consider it a good buy.

Outstanding reliability, fun to drive.
By madmaxooohhh on 11/20/14 06:35 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Great vehicle for a commuter car that is also fun to drive. It has decent styling and boring reliability. Has needed nothing for the year I have owned it so far, besides oil changes, and tire rotations every 5000 miles. I should have purchased a domestic car so I could learn how to fix them.

Great Car. Every day (and fill up) I love it more
By dmoneyman on 11/11/14 00:27 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car because of a need for a reliable car and it has lived up to its expectation. Looks wise it's awesome. With its aerodynamic posture and sporty looks... Something you can't get with other brands. Coupe looks like it's own model. Interior wise it's a good mix with colors but what is most impressing is the dash and screen that displays a large amount of information. Performance wise it has enough power to pass and accelerate without you having to gun it. 140 hp and 39 mpg without a turbo? You thank it later down the road when you won't have to pay for repairs becauase the engine won't have added stress from a turbo. I love this car and plan to keep it for a very long time.

Not perfect, but hoping for reliability
By phillyted on 08/19/14 13:56 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this Honda for one reason and one reason only: reliability. So In one year I have manged to clock 28,000 miles and have done nothing to the car outside of normal maintenance, which is great. I have been able to achieve 50 mpg with careful, skilled driving on a one off, fluke of a drive. I can routinely obtain 42 mpg with respectable driving and 33-35 mpg with a heavy foot. The brakes are not the best as I have locked them up a few times without noticing the ABS pulse from the pedal. Also, there is a blind spot from the roof pillar between the windshield and left door that is very annoying on mountain roads. Altogether, a good car and I'm happy I bought it.

my 2nd civic coupe ex (after 8 months/6k miles now)
By thwipp89 on 07/04/14 02:34 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

i had a '03 civic ex with 131k miles and for 10 yrs, it was nearly perfect. in its 11th year it was showing its age just a little. i think i got spoiled at not having to put money into it, outside of regular maintenance. anyway, i figured almost 11 yrs was a pretty good run and honda had 0.9% for *60* months, which is rare for honda. also, the 2013 got really good reviews as a bounce back from a semi-disappointing 2012 model. the comfort of the seats (tho i've read some complaints) and the road noise is MUCH improved from my '03 model, aswell, imo. the technology made a big jump, too. i hope the reliability continues. my former civic was the best car i've owned, BY FAR.

Gets better...
By rick4924 on 06/27/14 05:22 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my 2013 Civic EX Sedan now for over 6 months. I initially had trouble getting comfortable in the seat but now that I have adjusted the horribly forward-tilted headrest and found a seat height and steering wheel adjustment that works for me, I find the car comfortable for my daily commute. Other than that, the car is flawless so far and has that "Honda Feel" behind the wheel that only a Honda can provide in my experience - like its connected to you in someway and always seems to know what you want to do!

Not bad, not great.
By jackshelby on 06/18/14 02:12 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Overall the car has performed its purpose and I am satisfied. There are a few things I am disappointed with, first being the paint. The car is black on black, and have had it almost 10 months and put on over 20,000 miles. The car looks like it has been through a sandblaster. My old car, a 1998 Honda civic, is in about the same condition but it took 14yrs of wear to get in that condition. Its pretty disappointing to have a car less than a year old look this bad. Second, the mileage is mediocre. Average 31 mpg highway, although I don't ever drive city so I don't know if it would stay the same or get worse. In Hondas defense, the highway speed is usually 75-80mph so that doesn't help.

Not what hoped for from a Honda
By thintz on 05/13/14 19:57 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought new for daughter. FIRST ONE- Had to pull transmission at 162 miles. Gave me a new one and many small items. Scratch in dash. Dimples on back side of steering wheel, right where you grab the wheel to turn it ( looks like poor molding/manufacturing). Have never had the day(s)where I was like...love the car due to too many items. Wish had cash back.