So you want a Hybrid....
By hybridman2012 on
2012 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
If you are on your first mission to buy a hybrid, this article will help you! I started my quest to find the "gas mileage" car I needed by going to a Toyota dealer and driving the famous Prius. After being unimpressed with the style, power and certainly the price, I went back to Honda. This would be my third Honda if the 2012 Civic was the one I was looking for.Here are some facts that accually are true to help you make your decision: First - Honda has a Lithium Ion battery back weighing 20lbs. Prius has a NiCad battery weighing 200lbs. The NiCad has a memory and won't last as long as Honda's Lithium Ion with a warranty of 10yrs or 80,000 miles! Last - More power, most quiet, NICE!
Favorite Features
If you are like I was, the best feature is the MPG. I know Honda says " 44mpg city, or highway" All I can say is that with the first tank we averaged 48.6 mpg! I have 2000 miles on my Civic and average no less then 51.3 mpg!! I expect more as it breaks in. It also has more room for those of us who are 6'2'' and 250 lbls, then any previous Honda. I have ample room and it's quite comfortable to drive. Dash lights up like an aircraft and is very easy to find what you are looking for. Great stereo system and bluetooth doesn't sound like you are in a tunnel. Kudos to Honda!! It's not a Caddy, but I didn't pay for a caddy either! All around a great commute car...after all it's a Honda!
Suggested Improvements
Some dis the plastics. I find them to be totally acceptable and low on glare. I don't know any improvements that need to me made and keep the car in the price range I wanted. This is a state of the art, smooth Hybrid, that was designed to get you the best MPG on regular fuel. Even the tires are designed for lower friction and higher MPG! I totally recomend the 2012 Honda Civic to anyone that really wants a nice car and the MPG to back it up! No hype, it's the real deal! Thanks Honda....nice job and thanks for the MPG, we really needed it out here!
By peter789
on 09/08/12 12:04 PM (PDT)

Great review. I just purchased the Civic Hybrid and its so much fun to drive. Everyone forgets the "S" mode for sport driving. Sure it lowers the mpg a bit but the low end torque is so strong its like driving a Si from 0 to 45 mph. Add in great handling and cornering and it beats the Prius hands down. It makes it so much fun to have these options.