2012 Honda Civic Consumer Review: 2012 Civic Sedan EX-L Still ru

2012 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

EX-L Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic w/Nav)

2012 Civic Sedan EX-L Still running great.
By martin13 on

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought my Civic with 9k mile on it. Was concerned because I had no idea what may have happened with the original owner. Did he unload the car because of problems (I don't trust Carfax)? So now the car has 30k and has been very reliable, fun to drive, and very economical. Just came back from road trip to North Carolina - cruise control most of the way at 50-65 mph (I know, very slow, I wasn't in a hurry to get anywhere) gave me 44 mpg. Usually I get 37+ while driving at speeds 70+ mph and no cruise control use. Car had a little rattle coming from the rear that was eliminated under warranty (seat belt mechanism was the source). Otherwise, not a problem whatsoever (knock on wood).

MPG getting above 40+ mpg for non-hybrid vehicle is unbelievable for me. I use the NAV system a lot and really appreciate having it. It has saved me several time when in new areas of my city.

Road noise seems higher than more luxurious cars - more insulation to reduce noise would give the car a better quality feel.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review