2012 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
civic exl
By adansereau on 08/24/12 04:06 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Just gor this EXL coupe w nav three days ago. Traded a 2010 ex coupe. This car is quiter, more comfortable, rides better, and feals more premium. Consumer Mag dished this car and i am saying nuts to them. I have had 64 cars and this is nicely appointed quality car. Big difference to the 2010. The nav and bluetooth and xm are great ! Buy one you won't be sorry.

Lesser of the evils
By dannerd on 07/07/12 06:07 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I based my car buying decision on my experience with owning an assortment of different beaters, and that this time I was going to buy something new. Out of all the beaters I've owned, Hondas always got the best gas mileage, were the cheapest to fix, were easy to sell. If you read the bashing reviews for the 2012 civic, you'll notice the gripes are mostly about the cheap interior plastic and road noise. If you compare the reviews to other competitors like the 2012 focus or elantra, they are having serious issues involving the transmission, and check engine lights coming on recent to the purchase of the vehicle. That should tell you something. No car is perfect, but Honda seems to get close.

Nice Car but Having Some Mechanical and Mileage Issues
By happykt1 on 05/20/12 04:43 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I like my car even though it looks like a 10 year old fuddy duddy Toyota Camry from the rear. With the Eco Assist on, the acceleration is very mediocre on this car. I also haven't gotten over 30 mpg because of stop and go traffic on the freeways in Austin Tx, which is a huge disappointment to me. I expected better especially since I keep the car in the green zone according to the Eco Indicator quite often. The first month I had the car, it stalled out twice and I was going to take it in but the problem went away. However, four months later in 90 degree heat, the car is once again stalling out, especially in the morning. I only have 5.4 K on the car and drive 22 miles a day to and from work.

LOVE this car!
By shootingstar3 on 04/24/12 07:42 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I wasn't even going to look at this car due to poor reviews, but my hubby had to take his CRV in for service and I was killing time browsing the lot, sat in one, drove it, loved it and traded my 07 RAV4 on the spot. Super glad I did! Don't understand the knocks this car is getting. Over the last month, I drove a Prius, Fiesta, Focus, Elantra, Mazda3, VW GTI, and Volvo C30(loved that one, but $$), and ruled them all out. Was just going to keep the RAV until this car. It is comfy, sporty, and OMG, the mileage! I just filled it for the first time and got 35mpg in TOWN people! This is an automatic and not a hybrid. It rides smoother than my RAV and handles great. Not a rocket, but adequate power

Not like they used to be
By edward1171 on 03/05/12 08:57 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This has been the gold standard in econ cars for years. I'm a bit disappointed at the gas mileage. Even with the "econ" button, t's no better than my 12 year old Sentra. The button takes torque away to such an extent that you need to be on flat land in order for the driving to be consistent. Climate control is pretty good but it's nearly impossible to keep the windows clear of fog. Premium audio is almost useless. The auto traction and brakes are decent, if you are hoping to have the car drive for you. However, if you like to control everything it's not so favorable.

It's a small car
By es330suck on 02/19/12 14:10 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The resons i bought this car are MPG and its style. I get Lx and add fog light for reason. The car run loud under 35 mph but much quiet above that range. Upgrading better tire maybe can reducing some road noise, but I can live with the firestone fuel fight tire for now.There are a lot of places could be done better but it will add more cost and weight for any impovement. The cheap carpet and insulation The easily scratched plastic door panel are the obvious.

Buyer Beware
By timd7 on 02/16/12 07:51 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The vibration inherent in this vehicle is unbelievable - and carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel are the result. Buyer beware - this vehicle should have warnings printed everywhere. Honda says - so what - we know the vibration is there - so what. Honda executives said - we duped Americans into paying top dollar for a piece of vibrating crap. That's why they are redesigning quickly for 2013... What will that mean to the 2012s we have now - the resale on this vehicle is soooooo low already I can't get out of it. So what, Honda customer services said - buy another vehicle. Honda lost my business.

The Best Yet
By nmskies on 12/26/11 18:27 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned seven Civics: an 83 hatchback, a 91 DX sedan, a 95 hatchback, a 99 LX sedan, an 05 hybrid, an 07 EX coupe and now, my 12 EX Coupe. I loved my 07, and I believe the 12 is an upgrade on the gen 8. What has improved? I like the softened lines, the road noise has decreased, and the A pillar blind spot has been eliminated by thinning the pillars. Streaming music through Bluetooth from my iPhone is incredible. The quality of the Bluetooth is exceptional. I don't believe the dash is busy at all. The control buttons for the iMid on the steering wheel are intuitive and extremely ergonomic. I have never had a problem with my Civics, and I expect the same from this one.

Love My New Civic!
By drewdiddy on 12/17/11 16:05 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Okay, so it's a little premature to write a review about a car I've owned for 6 hours, and 50 miles. However this is my fifth Civic and I'm loving what I've seen so far. The technology is awesome, the mileage has been outstanding, and to be able to see your actual mpg improve by my method of driving, and using the ECON button is short of a incredible. I've owned a 1989 Civic, 1993 Civic Coupe, 2004 Civic Coupe, and most recently acquired my mom's 1996 Civic sedan.

What I expected...
By miami305 on 09/22/11 08:19 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It is what I expected. I bought this car for the better gas mileage. It's a traditional civic.. hard to park straight and completely in the parking spot, with the sloped hood and windshield, but I suppose I 'll get used to that eventually.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda Civic Coupe in VA is:

$146 per month*