Used 2012 Honda Civic EX-L Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great car
By cliano

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

As soon as I test drove this car I knew this was the one I wanted. Honda has a great reputation for being reliable and great quality. It had every feature i was looking for. Handles great and could not beat it for the price. GREAT VALUE.

Comfort. Heated Seats, Leather interior. Moon Roof. Great gas mileage. 40mpg. Blue Tooth and great display.

n/a

A great little car!
By papalogan

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is our 4th Honda (previously had an Accord, CR-V, and Pilot). We bought this EX-L to use mainly as a commuter car for me. We've had it about 2 months now, and I've already got just over 3K miles on it. Gas mileage has been great, it's comfortable, and wind noise is minimal. I know it's considered a "compact" car, but it feels anything but compact. In fact, it feels about the same size as our '90 Accord! Overall, we're very pleased with our purchase.

Gas mileage, reliability, Honda reputation.

Would love to see automatic climate control and power seats (at least driver's side) in the EX-L, but that's a minor quibble.

New 2012! Fun! Fun! Fun!
By aubiekong

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car new because it felt like a qaulity product from Honda. The MPG is Fantastic. The instant display bar with MPG makes driving the car a fun "game" to maximize your mileage per gallon. Driving in mostly stop and go traffic I am averaging over 33 miles per gallon! It takes a very light foot but the instant display gives you the feed back to learn to drive with a very light foot on the gas peddle. Well done Honda!

MPG instant feed back display is great. The leather seats are very comfortable, The real spare tire in the trunk instead of "call somebody" that the other car company said to do because their cars did not come with a spare Tire! The sterio sounds great. I also realy am enjoying the blue tooth built in for my cell phone. For a small car the ride is good and the car handles very well...

I would have like two power outlets in the front instead of one I have to plug my gps in the center consule...

Honda is still the best!!!
By garminmanila

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

So far so good. I'm glad I bought this Civic EX-L at an excellent deal over $1k below Edmund's. It is used as an additional car for the wife's shopping, school, church and around town errands. Our Montero 20th Anniv is good for outdoors and long drives but at 14/18mpg :-( Love our Honda.. It's been getting at least 35-38mpg. Too bad the reviews did not get them any fair shot.

Leather interior is nice for the price. Econ Mode is excellent.

EX-L should have back-up camera and rearview mirror plus sensors as well as driver seat memory standard or an option. Only the Euro and Asian versions have the backup assist.

2012 Civic EX-L Nice
By deer_country

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The beautiful Civic Honda is an excellent all around car. The seats are a little uncomfortable, but other than that it is excellent quality. The edge of the seats seem firm and cause discomfort on a long journey. But the handling is excellent.

The seats could be mondified with not such a deep dip. A little more horse power would be nice too.