2012 Honda Civic 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2012 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

2012 Civic Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Great car
By cliano

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

As soon as I test drove this car I knew this was the one I wanted. Honda has a great reputation for being reliable and great quality. It had every feature i was looking for. Handles great and could not beat it for the price. GREAT VALUE.

Favorite Features

Comfort. Heated Seats, Leather interior. Moon Roof. Great gas mileage. 40mpg. Blue Tooth and great display.

Suggested Improvements

n/a

A great little car!
By papalogan

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is our 4th Honda (previously had an Accord, CR-V, and Pilot). We bought this EX-L to use mainly as a commuter car for me. We've had it about 2 months now, and I've already got just over 3K miles on it. Gas mileage has been great, it's comfortable, and wind noise is minimal. I know it's considered a "compact" car, but it feels anything but compact. In fact, it feels about the same size as our '90 Accord! Overall, we're very pleased with our purchase.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, reliability, Honda reputation.

Suggested Improvements

Would love to see automatic climate control and power seats (at least driver's side) in the EX-L, but that's a minor quibble.

New 2012! Fun! Fun! Fun!
By aubiekong

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car new because it felt like a qaulity product from Honda. The MPG is Fantastic. The instant display bar with MPG makes driving the car a fun "game" to maximize your mileage per gallon. Driving in mostly stop and go traffic I am averaging over 33 miles per gallon! It takes a very light foot but the instant display gives you the feed back to learn to drive with a very light foot on the gas peddle. Well done Honda!

Favorite Features

MPG instant feed back display is great. The leather seats are very comfortable, The real spare tire in the trunk instead of "call somebody" that the other car company said to do because their cars did not come with a spare Tire! The sterio sounds great. I also realy am enjoying the blue tooth built in for my cell phone. For a small car the ride is good and the car handles very well...

Suggested Improvements

I would have like two power outlets in the front instead of one I have to plug my gps in the center consule...

Honda is still the best!!!
By garminmanila

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

So far so good. I'm glad I bought this Civic EX-L at an excellent deal over $1k below Edmund's. It is used as an additional car for the wife's shopping, school, church and around town errands. Our Montero 20th Anniv is good for outdoors and long drives but at 14/18mpg :-( Love our Honda.. It's been getting at least 35-38mpg. Too bad the reviews did not get them any fair shot.

Favorite Features

Leather interior is nice for the price. Econ Mode is excellent.

Suggested Improvements

EX-L should have back-up camera and rearview mirror plus sensors as well as driver seat memory standard or an option. Only the Euro and Asian versions have the backup assist.

2012 Civic EX-L Nice
By deer_country

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The beautiful Civic Honda is an excellent all around car. The seats are a little uncomfortable, but other than that it is excellent quality. The edge of the seats seem firm and cause discomfort on a long journey. But the handling is excellent.

Suggested Improvements

The seats could be mondified with not such a deep dip. A little more horse power would be nice too.

another great Civic
By ppowell6

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

first off, we have been driving Honda/Acura products since 1984. The wife has had 06 and an 09 Accord EX-L and was ready for something new. Her car is usually driven on our trips, long and short, and the Accords were great but with the 2 of us in it most of the time, the Civic seemed like the logical choice when looking for a new car. It is perfect for what we drive it for and the gas savings is incredible so far, compared to the Accords.

Favorite Features

its just a fun car to drive and comfortable for what it is. I have enjoyed the new gadgets to show the gas mileage and it does keep me from driving it faster. I found the interior fit and finish to be great as well as the outside too.

Suggested Improvements

If I were to change anything it would be the dash. I see where the Acura version has gotten rid of the 2 tier dash and hope the newest version of the Civic is more like it.

Wonderful Little Car
By cindy67

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

... just bought the EXL and could not be more pleased. I was able to get car $1000 below Edmunds. Before you decide on another small car just go and drive this one. I think that you will be pleased. As far as noise, I traded in a 2003 Grand Marquis with 38,000 miles on this car and there is no more noise than the Mercury. Driving is believing.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, gas milage range as you drive

Suggested Improvements

power seats

Great Value
By thumper16

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Hard to beat these things for value. Traded in a 2009 civic exl with 30,000 only because I have to be the first to buy anything updated. Cost me 4500 or 1500 per year. Lota nice new in electronics, softer handling and little less road noise. Downside......no standard xm in exl and the cupholders redesigned for cups that I don't have nor have yet found in stores. The center consel in my 09 was deep and big, this one is small and shallow. storage sleeves on doors have also been downsized. Have 1700 miles and at 32.9 mixed. I drive aggressively and seldom engage econ, also live in hilly area of western Pa. Aside from the storage issues love the car and would buy again.

Favorite Features

The new mid-screen is nice and car handles well. I'm 6'2" plenty of room.

Suggested Improvements

Re-do the cupholders and storage areas

Best Economy Car Ever!
By mickyboy1

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I was getting pretty sick of the up and downs in the gas prices and really got concerned when gas approached $4 a gallon. I decided that my 22 MPG Santa Fe had to go. I shopped around and fell in love with the 2012 Civic. I gave up the power of a V6 for the fuel economy of a 4 cylinder and I don't regret it. I cruised from Cleveland to Columbus at got 41 MPG. Take that Big Oil! I don't need my wallet sucked dry every time I fill up. The Focus was interesting but the cockpit was cramped. I did not like that the auto transmission chattered on my initial test drive. The Hyundai Elantra styling was too extreme and the KIA Forte looked cheap on the inside.

Favorite Features

I love the leather interior and the MID screen readouts. I also love the roominess of the interior and the sleek exterior.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic Climate control. A tad more engine torque and overall power.

Not too shabby
By moondog75

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Just got my Dyno Blue EX-L Civic about a week ago. Going from my 2009 Nissan Titan Crew Cab was a bit tough, but this is a great little car. The new design is very cool, and the tech gadgets are fun. The MPG is great, and the econ mode makes the car gutless, but it's easy to switch off if you need more zip. If you are looking for a really nice commuter car or a great car for around town...this is it. I have had several Honda's in the past and they are reliable and well built. You can't go wrong with this little guy.

Favorite Features

iPod hookup, MPG, nice interior materials, sportier look.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of...