2012 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great car
By cliano on 11/26/12 15:31 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

As soon as I test drove this car I knew this was the one I wanted. Honda has a great reputation for being reliable and great quality. It had every feature i was looking for. Handles great and could not beat it for the price. GREAT VALUE.

A great little car!
By papalogan on 06/09/12 06:34 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is our 4th Honda (previously had an Accord, CR-V, and Pilot). We bought this EX-L to use mainly as a commuter car for me. We've had it about 2 months now, and I've already got just over 3K miles on it. Gas mileage has been great, it's comfortable, and wind noise is minimal. I know it's considered a "compact" car, but it feels anything but compact. In fact, it feels about the same size as our '90 Accord! Overall, we're very pleased with our purchase.

New 2012! Fun! Fun! Fun!
By aubiekong on 06/08/12 08:17 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car new because it felt like a qaulity product from Honda. The MPG is Fantastic. The instant display bar with MPG makes driving the car a fun "game" to maximize your mileage per gallon. Driving in mostly stop and go traffic I am averaging over 33 miles per gallon! It takes a very light foot but the instant display gives you the feed back to learn to drive with a very light foot on the gas peddle. Well done Honda!

Honda is still the best!!!
By garminmanila on 04/08/12 13:18 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

So far so good. I'm glad I bought this Civic EX-L at an excellent deal over $1k below Edmund's. It is used as an additional car for the wife's shopping, school, church and around town errands. Our Montero 20th Anniv is good for outdoors and long drives but at 14/18mpg :-( Love our Honda.. It's been getting at least 35-38mpg. Too bad the reviews did not get them any fair shot.

2012 Civic EX-L Nice
By deer_country on 04/06/12 18:31 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The beautiful Civic Honda is an excellent all around car. The seats are a little uncomfortable, but other than that it is excellent quality. The edge of the seats seem firm and cause discomfort on a long journey. But the handling is excellent.

another great Civic
By ppowell6 on 03/27/12 17:33 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

first off, we have been driving Honda/Acura products since 1984. The wife has had 06 and an 09 Accord EX-L and was ready for something new. Her car is usually driven on our trips, long and short, and the Accords were great but with the 2 of us in it most of the time, the Civic seemed like the logical choice when looking for a new car. It is perfect for what we drive it for and the gas savings is incredible so far, compared to the Accords.

Wonderful Little Car
By cindy67 on 10/15/11 07:28 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

... just bought the EXL and could not be more pleased. I was able to get car $1000 below Edmunds. Before you decide on another small car just go and drive this one. I think that you will be pleased. As far as noise, I traded in a 2003 Grand Marquis with 38,000 miles on this car and there is no more noise than the Mercury. Driving is believing.

Great Value
By thumper16 on 07/21/11 08:04 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Hard to beat these things for value. Traded in a 2009 civic exl with 30,000 only because I have to be the first to buy anything updated. Cost me 4500 or 1500 per year. Lota nice new in electronics, softer handling and little less road noise. Downside......no standard xm in exl and the cupholders redesigned for cups that I don't have nor have yet found in stores. The center consel in my 09 was deep and big, this one is small and shallow. storage sleeves on doors have also been downsized. Have 1700 miles and at 32.9 mixed. I drive aggressively and seldom engage econ, also live in hilly area of western Pa. Aside from the storage issues love the car and would buy again.

Best Economy Car Ever!
By mickyboy1 on 06/24/11 19:37 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I was getting pretty sick of the up and downs in the gas prices and really got concerned when gas approached $4 a gallon. I decided that my 22 MPG Santa Fe had to go. I shopped around and fell in love with the 2012 Civic. I gave up the power of a V6 for the fuel economy of a 4 cylinder and I don't regret it. I cruised from Cleveland to Columbus at got 41 MPG. Take that Big Oil! I don't need my wallet sucked dry every time I fill up. The Focus was interesting but the cockpit was cramped. I did not like that the auto transmission chattered on my initial test drive. The Hyundai Elantra styling was too extreme and the KIA Forte looked cheap on the inside.

Not too shabby
By moondog75 on 05/08/11 17:25 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Just got my Dyno Blue EX-L Civic about a week ago. Going from my 2009 Nissan Titan Crew Cab was a bit tough, but this is a great little car. The new design is very cool, and the tech gadgets are fun. The MPG is great, and the econ mode makes the car gutless, but it's easy to switch off if you need more zip. If you are looking for a really nice commuter car or a great car for around town...this is it. I have had several Honda's in the past and they are reliable and well built. You can't go wrong with this little guy.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda Civic in VA is:

$123 per month*