2012 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Final Honda Car Purchase
By devilsdefence4 on 06/24/13 20:05 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

After owning two previous Accords I can say this will be my last. Having been very satisfied with a '98 sedan 5 speed and an '05 coupe 6-speed I can honestly say I'm very disappointed with this '12 6-speed. My expectations of a 6 cyl. 6 speed "sports" car are not even close to aligning with this vehicle, the only performance upgrade is the motor and gearing, which result in a 6 mpg loss with comparable driving. If you're not quite as concerned in performance and decent gas mileage this car is comfortable for long road trips and has a fairly large backseat for a coupe. Also an excellent looking car in my opinion if Honda had oriented it more towards its Prelude roots I would be very pleased.

Very close to the perfect car
By cmk921 on 11/25/12 19:18 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 2009 Accord EX-L 5M sedan that I used for work and a 2006 Corvette convertible (6M) that I used for fun. As often happens in life, circumstances dictated that it would be wise to have one car to do everything. (Divorces suck.) How to combine a work car and a fun car into a fun work car? I need room to haul large items for work, a backseat that 3 kids can inhabit, bulletproof reliability, decent bad weather traction (I live in Cleveland) and enough of a fun factor to keep me entertained - and not miss a Corvette. Also, a manual transmission was a non-negotiable must-have. An upscale brand could also be unwise for business. So I found a car that really does do everything well.

An excellent car
By olejoe on 11/11/12 09:19 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my wife's car, and she would call it excellent in every way. I, however would have some very minor reservations. We have owned this car a year now and it has been nearly perfect with no problems in 14k miles. It runs great, drives great, and in my opinion, is one of the best looking cars around. If I were to change anything, it could do with a little less road noise. You can tell when the highway goes from asphalt to concrete by the sound and feel through the steering wheel. I understand road feel is a good thing, but I don't need to hear it as well. I wish it could attain the same mpg as our old 4 cylinder coupe, but you will have that trade off for the wonderful power of the V6!

Better than I expected!
By jwell000 on 06/25/12 19:54 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Accord, in my opinion, has always been a nice looking (albeit, not all that flashy) auto with known reliability. All of my past automobiles have been American sports cars, luxury sedans, and trucks. While shopping for a new vehicle, I wanted something that was safe and reliable while providing a modest yet stylish middle-class appearance to my clients. I choose an Accord for practical reasons. I knew instantly that I wanted a V6, leather, and a coupe. I figured this would give me the creature comforts I desired in addition to enough horsepower to keep up with traffic. Boy, was I wrong! This car handles better and has more luxury appointments than many of the vehicles I've owned.

Test the windows before you buy!
By spitfire562 on 04/18/12 08:58 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The windows streak severely after having been washed or after car has been driven in the rain. Even up to two days later when the rest of the (garaged!) car is completely dry rolling the window down and back up will leave severe streak marks obstructing the view from that window and, consequently, the mirrors. Even though me and everybody else who has seen it disagrees and consider it a safety issue, my dealer says this is normal so PLEASE, if you have to use your windows a lot, check before you buy! Shame on Honda!

A very good buy
By ncleveland90 on 04/03/12 15:25 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2011 accord coupe (2.4 L, auto, EX model) last year and about a month ago I had a straight-on T-bone collision at 50mph with a guy who pulled out in front of me which totaled my car. The accord saved my life and from the pictures of the scene of the crash it was unbelievable that I walked away with just a bruise and small burn. I loved that car and every aspect of it so without hesitation I purchased the 2012 accord coupe to replace it, this time the EX-L model. Though there really wasn't any changes between model years, it is still just as spectacular as my previous one with a few bonuses in the EX to EX-L upgrade.

Severe Road Noise
By accordpos on 03/26/12 09:21 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a brand new Accord LX-S Coupe thinking I was getting a quality car as advertised. I previously owned a 2001 Accord Ex Coupe and loved it. It didn’t have any of these issues on the 2001, it came with a V6, sunroof leather seats and no sound issues at all for the same price. This car has SEVERE road noise over 45mph and cement roads are beyond belief. The dealer wants to sell me a more expensive model; Honda won't do anything and seems to state what I bought is a cheap car and i should expect the noise @ a $25k sticker price??? When you have the gas tank 3/4 full you can hear the gas splashing, the tire noise is so bad i have to blast the radio just to keep from going nuts.

Nice ride...love the manual!
By pmm21 on 09/30/11 07:15 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wish they would offer more manual transmission....I settled with the LX model and am very pleased. I would prefer alloy wheels and that would be about it. 2012 model has UBS port for my iPOD! It is a little slow in acceleration from first to second gear but other than that it performs great and feels sporty. It's no speed racer butI am okay with that since it is a 4 cyl Accord. Get a Mustang or coupe V6 if you are looking for performance. I love Honda quality and it rides smooth. The road noise doesn;t seem to be an issue for me but I test drove a used 2009 LX-P that was really noisey. Best deal out there for leases...looked at Fusion, Altima, and VW Jetta...Honda won in my book!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda Accord Coupe in VA is:

$162 per month*