Used 2012 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2012 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Classic Accord
By Michael Kass

2012 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Even though I bought it "used", I got a great deal on a low mileage 2012 Accord V6 Coupe. Having owned 2 previously,
I found this one to be classic in its reliability and performance. No surprises. Good, reliable entertainment. The V6 is
nice, compared to my previous 4 cylinder Accords. People complain about the driver's side lumbar support as being "agressive".
This may be true for most people, however I have a weak back, and find the strong lumbar support to be a blessing. The
front seats themselves tend to be a bit "firm". They don't massage you or envelope you in comfort. That would be my only
complaint about the 2012 Accord.

Blown transmission.. Maintained
By John

2012 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased this car new, maintained it to Spec. Transmission blew at 120k miles.
Had to replace. :(

Awesome car
By Raj

2012 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased a pre-owned 12 Accord EX-L coupe no Navi with about 32k miles. I've had the car for about 7 months now and love it. I do about 24k miles a year so I spend alot of time in my car. The seats are comfortable for me and the passengers. It's got plenty of room for a coupe. My mother whose a little older has a little trouble getting in/out but once shes in there shes very comfortable. I would recommend this car to anyone. Highly reliable, comfy, and most importantly affordable!

Final Honda Car Purchase
By devilsdefence4

2012 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

After owning two previous Accords I can say this will be my last. Having been very satisfied with a '98 sedan 5 speed and an '05 coupe 6-speed I can honestly say I'm very disappointed with this '12 6-speed. My expectations of a 6 cyl. 6 speed "sports" car are not even close to aligning with this vehicle, the only performance upgrade is the motor and gearing, which result in a 6 mpg loss with comparable driving. If you're not quite as concerned in performance and decent gas mileage this car is comfortable for long road trips and has a fairly large backseat for a coupe. Also an excellent looking car in my opinion if Honda had oriented it more towards its Prelude roots I would be very pleased.

Exterior design, engine, navigation, after being so pleased with a 7th gen this list has fallen short.

Suspension, Brakes, LSD, trunk seems smaller than my '05, not quite sure why such a big back seat is in a coupe. Wish Honda would drop the "cookie cutter" routine and get back to a sports car. I could go without alot of the amenities in this car for improved handling and stopping power. Gauge numbers are smaller than previous generations. Would appreciate a true sports car with Honda's reliability again but don't expect to see it anytime soon. 7 years ago this vehicle would have been more than sufficient as the previous model was in my opinion, however today I feel the bar has been raised and this vehicle has really only been adjusted to accompany a small portion of 6 speed buyers.

Very close to the perfect car
By cmk921

2012 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 2009 Accord EX-L 5M sedan that I used for work and a 2006 Corvette convertible (6M) that I used for fun.
As often happens in life, circumstances dictated that it would be wise to have one car to do everything.
(Divorces suck.)
How to combine a work car and a fun car into a fun work car?
I need room to haul large items for work, a backseat that 3 kids can inhabit, bulletproof reliability, decent bad weather traction (I live in Cleveland) and enough of a fun factor to keep me entertained - and not miss a Corvette.
Also, a manual transmission was a non-negotiable must-have.
An upscale brand could also be unwise for business.
So I found a car that really does do everything well.

The 3.5L is a truly great engine, combining low end torque and a willingness to rev that is fairly rare. It sounds great, too - thanks, VTEC engineers. The medium-throw shifter is a joy to use, and the clutch becomes very user friendly once you get used to it's unexpectedly light effort. The steering is very good, if shy of great. The car can certainly get up and move when you ask it to. The exterior styling is vaguely Italian in a FWD sort of way; the lines are generally very pleasing to the eye. The audio system is much better than I expected, and the iPod integration was a pleasant surprise. The cargo and passenger space borders on the unbelievable in a mid-sized coupe.

The brakes are about average, and certainly not special. Some of the interior carpeting cuts don't quite match up correctly. FWD brings it's own demerits. Torque steer is present, and the car could really use a LSD. Road noise is always present in classic Honda fashion. My overall MPG is just ok, around 23.5 with a lot of highway miles. I like digital speedometers, and there's no digital speedometer. The instrument display is a little bland, some blue and orange lights could have been stolen from the Acura bin. I'd like to damn the OE Michelins with faint praise; better rubber would turn this car into a top notch FWD sports coupe. That's why God invented the Tire Rack, I guess.