Used 1998 Honda Accord DX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

One of the best cars ever made
By philsie1

1998 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Our '98 has 375,000 kms. We have had it for 7 yrs and love driving it. We have to retire it finally because of rusted out frame and gas tank from so much salt on the roads of Canada. We have done very little to it except to replace all the brake and gas lines, again due to rusting. Still gets excellent gas mileage( we were getting as much as 44 mpg). So if you have 175000 - 200000 kms on your car, don't give up hope, there's plenty left.

Good lil car
By 98_ACCORD

1998 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

It really is a good car with 189,000 km on her.but wow what really really bad fuel mileage....only gettin about 18 mpg US in the city with it. (4spd auto).the car really hates the cold....the engine and the tranny..very sluggish until it warms up.

Accord 98DX
By Mitch

1998 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

My 98 Honda Accord DX has been a real treat to own and drive. It is economical to drive and maintenance is almost non-existant. I have had no problems with this car in 8 years of ownership. Tires, lube, oil and a change of belts attached to the engine are the only things I have had to attend to. The interior is well thought out and the instruments well placed. The exterior is stylish and nice to look at.

Economy, instrument placement, and ease of handling.

Making push button windows standard would be nice and perhaps attract a few more buyers. Floor mats provided when the car is purchased would also be a nice bonus.

Not as Reliabe as I thought
By STLbill7982

1998 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this '98 from my sister this September. I am disappointed with what I thought would be a reliable car. The car vibrates a lot at idle - it almost feels like a massage chair from the Sharper Image. The 'check engine' light never turns off, even though the dealer assured me nothing is wrong. The car is noisy relative to GM cars that I have owned in the past. The rims make contact with curbs before the tires do, and as a result the rims are very scratched. The engine has littel power - sometimes I feel like I could get out and run faster.

Fuel mileage is superb.

Other Honda owners said Hondas are reliabe - I think they're giving Honda more credibility than they deserve. They've put their fair share of lemons on the road.

1998honda accord
By bentley

1998 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

i really enjoy my honda it's reliable and has a sporty look to it and it's comfort is wonderful.it in good shape gas mileage is good

we had a dvd player put in,when we purchased this vehicle.i like the leather seats. it has bucket seats,we also had a spoiler put on which gives it asporty look

none