Used 1995 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Best purchase I've ever made
By Eric Scott

1995 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for 11 years and have changed the oil/tires/muffler. The only other thing that has gone wrong is a starter went after 10 years. It's been paid off for 7 years and I plan to keep it for another 5 years. You can't buy a better car than an accord.

Reliability/comfort/fuel economy/power

Loud on the highway/soundproof it

The Ever Dependable Accord
By Eapen K.

1995 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I have used this car for 3 Years now. It has never left me stranded (Touch Wood). I have driven this Car for 200,000 mile car for 2500 miles from Louisiana to California. It's true Hero and a extremely reliable. I reached safe and in one peice, the car never stopped. Today it still goes on, gives me excellent milleage for 22-25 mpg in city and atleast 29 on the highways. It's a tribute to Japanese workmanship, because this car is "Made in Japan" imported by Sea, (J Series VIN). The choice of parts and their visualization and planning way back in 1990's for this 1995 is truly amazing. All parts still work. Kudos HONDA.

VTECH Engine, Moon Roof, High Efficiency, Efficient Engine Cooling.

Brakes Squeak, Provide Rear Wipers, Improve AC. ABS is a kewl feature, but is a bit expensive. Provide Metal Timing Belts.

My Review
By Mike

1995 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

A well-built and long-lasting car. Rides well in all conditions, including snow. Good enough power for the size of the engine and had good pickup entering highways and passing other vehicles. Routine maintenance is the only true issues I had with it (water pump, timing chain, split CV boot, exhaust/muffler). For a 10+ year old car, still getting more than 20 miles to the gallon in average driving. Only negative about the body is some spotty rust, but in a car that old in the Northeast, that is expected.

Good power and extras in a basic model car, including PW, PD, AC.

Better lumbar support in future models. Some improved interior features.

Best Car Ever!!
By SuzyQ

1995 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord new in 95 got the DX to save money. I am getting ready to sell it because I want automatic with power stuff. I have 270,000 miles on it and it still runs great and gets 32mpg, and still rides like new!!! It still has the orig clutch, trans, engine, everything. We maintained it as recommended by the dealer. There was a recall about 3 or 4 years ago on some seal in the engine which caused us to need a new timing belt when they replaced the seal, but Honda paid. I wish I had bought the automatic in 95--then I would just keep it!!

reliability, comfortable ride, great gas mileage.

More cup holders, more headroom, sits too low like sports car.

I'M SOLD ON HONDA
By EZ4SHORE

1995 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

Bought LX w/37,000 miles in 4/2005. The prior owners were about 70 years old and traded the '95 in for a 2005. I have 97 Explorer Sport w/SOHC too. My girlfriend has a 89 Accord and it won't die. My LX has a V6... it feels like I'm sitting on a magic carpet, smooth ride, lots of power, hard to keep under 60. Expect I'll get my 1st ticket ever for speeding soon ! Only problem was with the SRS system, dealer said on the '95 the SRS system usually needs service and is short lived. It's costly, like $700, but dealer split 50/50 with me under 6 month warranty. But all in all this car is exceptionally designed, and a joy to drive...my Explorer sits alot more these days !

V6 engine is awesome, smoooth, powerful

Bigger cup holder, hey this car is so well designed it's, all I can complain about.