Used 1995 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Not as sturdy
By nancyg

1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I had very high expectations of this car and, unfortunately, the car fell short. Although the car was in a garage during the winter, the body started to rust at both back fenders after about 5 years. This car also had more mechanical problems than I expected, especially given the low mileage. Among the most surprising problem was a total blow out of the radiator and cooling system. It seeemed that, once the car hit about 75,000 miles, everytime I would take it in for routine maintanence, it would need close to $1000 of work. Most people I know say they run their Hondas to about 250,000 miles and that is what I expected from this one. I am disappointed.

Handling

Body that is much more rust resistant. Better site lines for a short driver, or a seat that adjusts in height.

All hail the might Honda Accord!
By JSM

1995 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 90k miles. To make a long story short this car NEVER let me down! I drove this car everywhere and it does not flinch. I got a little enthusiastic on an onramp curve, and the car recovered easily. Much more comfortable ride than a Civic in the same era. I now have 180K miles on it and I hear no knocking, rattling, nor do I smell any gas or oil burning [knocks on wood]. Safe to say that I will keep this car till it stops running. That will be quite a long wait.

Body styling is low and wide. Comfortable ride (especially when loaded with people). Decent gas milleage. Even the Auto Tranny is fun to put in 1st gear and shift up.

Of course....More power!!! I've driven the V6 version of my car and it so much faster!!

Best purchase I've ever made
By Eric Scott

1995 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for 11 years and have changed the oil/tires/muffler. The only other thing that has gone wrong is a starter went after 10 years. It's been paid off for 7 years and I plan to keep it for another 5 years. You can't buy a better car than an accord.

Reliability/comfort/fuel economy/power

Loud on the highway/soundproof it

The Ever Dependable Accord
By Eapen K.

1995 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I have used this car for 3 Years now. It has never left me stranded (Touch Wood). I have driven this Car for 200,000 mile car for 2500 miles from Louisiana to California. It's true Hero and a extremely reliable. I reached safe and in one peice, the car never stopped. Today it still goes on, gives me excellent milleage for 22-25 mpg in city and atleast 29 on the highways. It's a tribute to Japanese workmanship, because this car is "Made in Japan" imported by Sea, (J Series VIN). The choice of parts and their visualization and planning way back in 1990's for this 1995 is truly amazing. All parts still work. Kudos HONDA.

VTECH Engine, Moon Roof, High Efficiency, Efficient Engine Cooling.

Brakes Squeak, Provide Rear Wipers, Improve AC. ABS is a kewl feature, but is a bit expensive. Provide Metal Timing Belts.

My Review
By Mike

1995 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

A well-built and long-lasting car. Rides well in all conditions, including snow. Good enough power for the size of the engine and had good pickup entering highways and passing other vehicles. Routine maintenance is the only true issues I had with it (water pump, timing chain, split CV boot, exhaust/muffler). For a 10+ year old car, still getting more than 20 miles to the gallon in average driving. Only negative about the body is some spotty rust, but in a car that old in the Northeast, that is expected.

Good power and extras in a basic model car, including PW, PD, AC.

Better lumbar support in future models. Some improved interior features.