Maximize your dollar with Honda!
By Jack on
1994 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan
This was the first Honda my family owned. My dad needed something to last long miles for his 60 mile one-way commute to work (all highway). He couldn't believe how much he got out of it by just doing oil changes and basic maintenance (rotating tires, fluid levels, etc.). I inherited the car during college (6 hours away) at 150,000 miles. That car went back and forth from Ohio to Illinois, to FL for a spring break, to New England for a summer, and got me through grad school for 2 years in Chicago...and it's still going at 269K miles!! Now I have to part with it since I don't need it living in the city. Do the preventive maintenance and Honda will take care of you! Excellent vehicle.
Favorite Features
This car has some get-up-and-go when it needs it. My friends thought I had a V6. With the automatic you could squeak the tires from a stand still. Excellent styling inside and out - sporty look. Plus the cabin has good functional desgin.
Suggested Improvements
The only complaint is the seat comfort. On long trips (in excess of a few hours) my back began to hurt with those bucket-style seats. The new design (1999 on) doesn't have that problem, but 1994-1997 model years seem to.