1993 Honda Accord Consumer Review: 16 Years And Still Going

1993 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

16 Years And Still Going
By marko on

1993 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I figured I wouldn't keep my new Accord for more than 10 years, tops. 16 years later it's still going strong. The only major repairs have been clutch, master & slave brake cylinders, radiator, oil seals and an engine mount. I also had the timing belt and water pump replaced twice but only as preventative measures, not because they failed. Not bad for a 16-year-old car. We kept thinking about trading it in but thought "why?" it's been such a good car. The A/C still blows cool even on the hottest days in Phoenix. It also gets excellent gas millage (30 MPG). New Accord seats are too stiff on long drives so we won't replace with a new one. They don't make them like this anymore.

Reliability, Fuel Economy, Comfort

Break cylinders have to be hammered off so break jobs cost more. Front end is low so it hits parking lot stops. Temp control cable sticks when not adjusted for a few months. Had to replace the control knob a few times. A/C could be cooler. I think all Hondas are known for their weak A/C.