Garbage Motors Crap
By Fred on
2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
Seats are made of cheap foam that compresses and is uncomfortable to sit on after 1k miles. I loved the first 1k miles and have hated it ever since. Fuel tank slosh when tank is 3/4 to full, you can hear it sloshing and and feel in banging from front to rear at a sudden stop. Accelerator and brake pedals are too close to together. Sole of right dress shoe get caught on right side by stupid piece of an ill conceived plastic cover. I am 6 ft & hit my head when entering in truck, roof line has been lowered too low, by inept idiots. Brake squeal at 5 and 15 mph. Trailer brake controller is low on left side of dash hard to reach and use. Stop Klunk noise. Dealers don't care.
Favorite Features
Not Much, with the above stated problems it is hard to enjoy driving this piece of garbage or think of anything good to say about it or the incompetent idiots I have dealt with at the Gm Dealerships. I think the best thing that could happen here, is for GM to completely shut down.
Suggested Improvements
Use the same foam in seats, as used back in 1989, before Gm went to cheap seats. Put baffles back in fuel tank. Have rotor supplier quit overcoating rotors causes film buildup = squeal. Make 6 spd trans. std. Raise roof line, remember you are making a full sized truck not a sports car.