2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Review: Overall a great truck

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Review

Overall a great truck
By EddieH on

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 SL 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Overall I love this truck. I LOVE the styling, and it's very comfortable to drive. There are a few nitpicking things though, I hate the hesitation when you give it gas suddenly. I am told this is due to GM using "torque management" in their PCM tune. Ford and Dodge do not this. This is probably the only real disappointment. The others are small things like when you hit the recirculation button on the AC, then turn the AC on, it defaults back to outside air, you have to hit the recirculation button again. Drives me nuts. The mileage is about what you would expect from a truck this size and engine size. Overall, I love the truck..the quality is very good.

Favorite Features

Styling, interior, and comfort. Has an excellent ride. When towing, the truck drives very straight and controlled (stabilitrack)

Suggested Improvements

Remove torque management from PCM tune. Fix the AC controls so that you don't have to constantly be hitting the recirc button. Tune more for power, less for fuel economy. The power is there, GM just has to release those ponies..