Used 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Gmc Sierra-1500 - Consumer Reviews

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

worst truck i have ever owned.
By trucksucks1

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SL 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Truck has 34000 miles on it. Main turn signal switch went out, Door lock switch out, Airbag sensor out, Master window switch out ($400) for a switch! Truck now will not engage the starter, so it's in the shop again. Do not buy any GMC or Chevy truck! Going back to Dodge.

Amazing truck
By boostedz06

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had been searching for a truck for a while and finally settled on this one. Picked up a used 2008 with 32000 miles and ive had it for over a month and absolutely love it. It rides sooooo smooth like a caddy and gas mileage is pretty good. Highway at 65mph is 23mpg. Toyota can't touch that. I have the 5.3. Haven't had it long enough to say how the reliability is, but i know from experience these 'Chevys' are so tough. I have the HD tow package and rear locking diff and it pulls my 20' Cobia like its not even back there... Interior is nice and tight. No rattles, no quirkiness. No engine rattle or cam bump. Sounds As if the motor is not even running. Truck is just pure quality!

Favorite Features

Power, smoothness, tow capability. Interior quality. Truck is sexy! rear doors swing out all the way.

Suggested Improvements

6 speed trans, but I think they are doings that in the new ones. Otherwise, truck is perfect!

simply the best
By the truth !

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

gmc has a winner, hands down best all around truck made ! dodge has many issues, nissans are cheap,toyota overpriced and fords are big and bulky ! know people that own these trucks and they all say i never complain about any problems ! i am a gmc guy for life know ! test drive one and it will sale itself !

Favorite Features

great looking !

Suggested Improvements

seat material

GMC all the way !
By xmillsx

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded my 2001 GMC 1/2 ton 2WD with 195K miles (it still was strong as heck)for this truck and love it. I have always had good luck and good service from GM trucks. I bought this one with only 25K miles on it. The 8cyl to 4cyl fuel management was a little awkward at first but it is systematic now. On the open interstate at 75mph I have averaged 18mpg+. I was surprised. I have towed a 27ft camper with it with ease. The seating is comfortable even on long drives. Two thumbs up !

Favorite Features

styling, looks, comfort, power, overall performance,etc.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe an added top and bottom latching mechanism on the extra cab doors would make them much more secure and structurally sound. As far as GM the company, I say let the employees buy the company, they will straighten things out!

Worth every penny!!
By joe

First truck i have ever owned and it's everything i expected. Have owned 4wd suv's in the past and this truck has out performed them in winter by far. I take the truck for every family function and vacations , even over my wife's car.

Favorite Features

The look, and comfort.I'm not one of those COOL guys who has to speed every were i go so the performance of the engine is great for what you need out of a truck (not sports car).

Suggested Improvements

I do take my three small children every where in it so my only complaint is the door style on the extended cab versions. Its a little awkward in the winter trying to get them in and out when your in tight parking areas.Would like gm to go with dodges style doors on all their trucks.