2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
worst truck i have ever owned.
By trucksucks1 on 03/13/14 18:06 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SL 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Truck has 34000 miles on it. Main turn signal switch went out, Door lock switch out, Airbag sensor out, Master window switch out ($400) for a switch! Truck now will not engage the starter, so it's in the shop again. Do not buy any GMC or Chevy truck! Going back to Dodge.

Amazing truck
By boostedz06 on 11/16/11 19:57 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had been searching for a truck for a while and finally settled on this one. Picked up a used 2008 with 32000 miles and ive had it for over a month and absolutely love it. It rides sooooo smooth like a caddy and gas mileage is pretty good. Highway at 65mph is 23mpg. Toyota can't touch that. I have the 5.3. Haven't had it long enough to say how the reliability is, but i know from experience these 'Chevys' are so tough. I have the HD tow package and rear locking diff and it pulls my 20' Cobia like its not even back there... Interior is nice and tight. No rattles, no quirkiness. No engine rattle or cam bump. Sounds As if the motor is not even running. Truck is just pure quality!

simply the best
By the truth ! on 01/25/10 14:41 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

gmc has a winner, hands down best all around truck made ! dodge has many issues, nissans are cheap,toyota overpriced and fords are big and bulky ! know people that own these trucks and they all say i never complain about any problems ! i am a gmc guy for life know ! test drive one and it will sale itself !

GMC all the way !
By xmillsx on 12/05/09 00:32 AM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded my 2001 GMC 1/2 ton 2WD with 195K miles (it still was strong as heck)for this truck and love it. I have always had good luck and good service from GM trucks. I bought this one with only 25K miles on it. The 8cyl to 4cyl fuel management was a little awkward at first but it is systematic now. On the open interstate at 75mph I have averaged 18mpg+. I was surprised. I have towed a 27ft camper with it with ease. The seating is comfortable even on long drives. Two thumbs up !

Worth every penny!!
By joe on 10/22/09 22:48 PM (PDT)

First truck i have ever owned and it's everything i expected. Have owned 4wd suv's in the past and this truck has out performed them in winter by far. I take the truck for every family function and vacations , even over my wife's car.

GMC should change there initials...
By jojo123 on 09/28/09 16:42 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SL 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

To JUNK!!!! Too many problems with check engine light coming on constantly. For some reason, the gas cap constantly comes loose. GM should provide better stock tires. Had a flat from a piece of limestone gravel. Dealer told me I should drive on better roads! (It's a truck, isn't it?) Should have stayed with Ford. Big mistake to buy this truck. Dealer isn't interested in helping very often. It takes multiple visits to fix one problem. Maybe if the service manager got off his lazy [violative content deleted] of his chair, it could be fixed. Last GM product EVER!

Still not sold on vehicle
By north star on 03/29/09 16:51 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought pickup through GM Employee Pricing sale and got very good deal. Not quite sure about pickup, as you can feel the 4 and 8 cylinder activating and de-activating. I have experienced the tranny jerk from a complete stop as well. After changing oil I can smell oil in the cabin for at least the first 1,500 miles before going away, cannot find any leaks anywhere.

So Far So Good?!
By nickdapit on 02/27/09 16:34 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE1 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I moved up from a 96 Chevy S10 to a 2008 Sierra, and like the title says so far so good?! I am impressed with the ride and overall appeal of the truck. I had a spray-on bedliner installed and the truck has no problem getting any big job done.

2008 GMC 1500
By medic979 on 12/25/08 08:59 AM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Nice truck. However, the transmission shifts hard and catches when leaving from complete stop. Dealer says they have had other customers with same problem and no fix for it, so very disappointed. Was in shop at 2000 miles with this problem and still does it. I looked at Fords and Toyota, quality was better. Why did I buy GM? I liked my selling dealer. I'm stuck with this truck that has a catch when leaving from a complete stop. Think twice before purchasing. I do enjoy the truck and if they find a fix for it I'll be happy, but they may be bankrupt first. Till they get their act together, go with Toyota.

2008 GMC SLT Z71 Ext Cab 6.5 bed # 2
By schodackbassman on 12/09/08 13:22 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 4th GMC extended cab and my 2nd z71 SLT. Trade my 04 for the 08 because of the great deals over the summer. I loved my 04 but the 08 is hands down a better overall truck. Adjustable everything for the driver including gas/brake pedal. Heated seats, great sound system, upgraded leather seats overall nicer inside. Like the return of drum brakes in the back and nice wheels. EZ lift tailgate is a godsend. Can be open/closed with one hand. Better heater then the 04 but still slow to warm in stop/go traffic on cold mornings below 20 degrees. Remote start is great, ride is great, looks are good, & no more touchy ABS system. 17" Wrangle ATS much better than cheap Bridgestones.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.