2005 GMC Envoy XL SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy XL model:
2005 Envoy XL
By envoy05 on 02/07/12 11:15 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy XL SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Here is something funny! I have a problem with the fuel sending unit. I get it fixed under warranty. I have another problem with fuel sending unit. (Funny right) I have to fix it by myself because it is out of warranty. I have a third problem with fuel sending unit.(Not Funny) I call GM and complain. I write numerous emails. Nothing. I call the dealer to get an answer. Nothing again! They go out of business because of GM closing down dealers.(Great) I get a letter in the mail from another dealership saying they know there is a serious problem with the fuel sending unit and they are willing to pay for half, yes half of their crap sending units! Toyota or Nissan here I come!

Love my Envoy
By Beth Mc on 05/04/10 05:05 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy XL SUV SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Envoy brand new in 2005. Was my first car that had EVERYTHING I wanted on it. Absolutely love sunroof and satellite radio. Car has been very dependable. I've only had to replace belt and do routine maintenance. Very comfortable inside - especially on a 13 hr ride on vacation! Would definitely recommend this car! Lots of room for luggage and carrying capacity.

Comfy Ride
By CD on 04/14/09 19:56 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy XL SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Great comfortable ride. Very roomy. No mechanical problems since it was purchased.

2005 Envoy
By JJS on 10/07/06 11:40 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy XL SUV SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Really good experience overall. Only trouble was satellite radio system. We had to change it out under warranty at dealership. No other problems encountered.

2005 Envoy XL
By J. Stark on 03/18/06 15:09 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy XL SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

No major problems w/ vehicle. Only service work done to date was to replace the original radio in dash.

Highway MPG not as promised
By Skiwhack on 11/14/05 11:57 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy XL SUV SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2001 Isusu Trooper anniversary edition for the Envoy XL for the 3rd row and better highway mileage est. of 18 mpg., o4 better than I was getting with the trooper. I drive consistent hwy speeds for 39 miles each way and only maxed out at 14.2 mpg. Anybody else experiencing the same thing? I'm considering having the dealer look at this because that is the claim for city mileage not highway and will trade in the lease for something with better fuel efficiency.

Great on Long Trips
By Rick on 11/07/05 10:35 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy XL SUV Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We recently drove from CT to FL & back. A very good experience. Seats never got uncomfortable & multiple adjustments & heating are great. The ride was pretty smooth & quiet. Very easy to drive for long periods. You feel some vibrations/bumps, but this is a truck and not a true luxury car. We wanted the extra cargo space of the XL vs. the extra seating, but it is nice to know it is there. We actually think there is more leg room in the 3rd row than the 2nd. Plenty of gadgets to keep everyone busy (rear DVD especially). We averaged about 20MPG (up to 22MG at slower speeds) even when fully loaded & going 70-75 MPH. Has the cargo & people space of a large SUV in a manageable mid-size package.

2005 Envoy XL 3rd row
By ben kinsman on 09/23/05 16:57 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy XL SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The in-line 6 cylinder has good pickup with its 275 horsepower. We went on a trip the week we bought our Envoy, so I filled the 25 gal. tank and hit the road. To be as big as the XL model is, it did great on gas. We drove from Columbus GA. to Chattanooga Tenn. and back to Atlanta before we had to get gas. That's about 450 miles or more driving on the highway and around downtown in traffic.

Love my new Envoy XL!
By W on 09/21/05 12:54 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy XL SUV SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We traded in my Lexus GX 470 since we car pool a lot and frankly needed more room. I was worried that it wouldn't handle as well as my previous SUV. It's a gem. It rides so smooth and the interior is extremely comfortable.

My First Experience
By Sandra on 08/13/05 16:24 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy XL SUV SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Amazing car for the price. Lot of amenities. I was blown away by the interior design. I was looking for your typical color (grey), not so! Rides better than other SUV's and has much more leg and head room. I was looking to purchase towards end of the year, but couldn't pass up the great deal! Thanks GMC!