2003 Ford Windstar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
2003, good, solid minivan
By robinsweb on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

In the 90's I drove a Dodge Caravan, which was about as safe as driving a tuna fish can. Got a new 1997 Windstar, then a new 2003 Windstar. I like driving newish cars, but I'm keeping this one until it falls apart, because even after 7 years, (77,000 miles) I still LOVE IT! Nice looking for a minivan, It still looks spiffy and not too outdated. Paint in good shape. Some minor problems others have observed, like flashing interior lights and dash lights, of which I've paid to have repaired MULTIPLE times. (Life is full of compromises.)

broken rear axle
By Dena on 05/17/10 10:41 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Good family car but unsafe. Recently 2days ago my rear axle cracked going 50mph causing me to lose control. Thank God one of my children were not driving at the time and that I wasn't on a major highway going 65-70 mph cause I don't know if I could have got it under control.

Windstar 2003 SE
By marcovi48 on 05/12/10 13:23 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2003Windstar SE.I like this van a lot but I have a lot of electrical problems,the alternator change 3 times power locks after 4 months of haven this car stop working.transmition replace at 81000,abs light always on and now my rear axle broke in half,so can not say that this is a good car for the $32000 that I pay,

good van, quirky issues
By txmusatang68 on 03/26/09 09:08 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We had a 1998 Windstar before. Loved the interior and features. We sold it after 186k miles. This van had some issues, but was reliable. So we bought a 2003 used, 85k miles. Comfort great! Style good. Heavy seats, but very sturdy. Replaced cruise switches - $400 part avail from FORD ONLY. Intake manifold gasket - $450. Now, 9k miles/3 months later, transmission - $1350. Found out it was 2nd rebuild of tranny. Coincidentally, 1998 had tranny replaced under warranty. I see a trend here, Ford! And electrical issues - passenger front door doesn't turn on lights, theft system works when it has a mind to (embarrassing). 98 was crazy too - humidity seemed to be the issue there.

2003 Windstar
By w. sick on 07/18/07 05:53 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a reliable and totally trouble free vehicle with lots of both passenger and load carrying capacity.

Windstar 969
By richardkandi on 06/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We like this van.It is a fun van to drive and lots of room. Solid built and nice looking.Our gas mileage is 20 MPG.

My Review
By JennalynsMama on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great vehichle. We've taken 3 long trips with it and been very comfortable each time.

FORDS AC/HEATER
By TOMP on 12/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

OVERALL WORTH THE $$ AS A USED VEHICLE, BUT HEATER BLEND DOOR FAILED LEAVING US WITH LITTLE HEAT OR DEFROSTER IN COLORADO. FORD WANTS $1000 TO REPLACE THE WHOLE HEATER UNIT TO REPAIR A $20 DOOR. THIS IS A DESIGN PROBLEM. FORD DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY. tHIS IS MY THIRD FORD BUT LIKELY LAST.

Family Fun..... and room to grow :)
By TaxiMom on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It was a BIG mental step, being in my mid 30's and not wanting to be a labeled over the hill. But it was the best thing for me and my family. Room for everybody, smooth ride, easy in and out. Great gas milage & quite ride. I wasn't hip on having a TV in the van, but the split sound system and VCR have been very helpful for times when one child is in an appointment or class to keep the others entertained.

The best van
By bob denver on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This van has everything a family needs. It has a very strong V6 engine that generates 200 hp and 240 lb. ft. of tourqe . The interior is nice and comfortable and most vans dosent let u adjust the middle and rear seats for leg room , the windstar does!My fanily just went on a fishing trip and we took the family , all their stuff and a 3500 pound boat . Again , this van has alot to offer , use it.