Used 2009 Ford Ranger SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Good Looking, Fun to drive
By Aaron

2009 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4 Off-Road 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Can't go wrong with the ranger, especially in the FX4 version. The styling is nice for a truck of its price range, power is quite decent and the upgrades I've got add quite a bit (chrome step bars, tailpipe and mirrors). All around good vehicle, easy to maneuver in the city.

Most everything, except...

Seems to have trouble doing sharp turns in 4X4 mode, not in 4x2 however.

Tough and Fun Truck to Drive
By Alfaromeo164

2009 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my truck brand new and I now have 30000 in just 8 months. I havent had any real bad experiences. The only thing that stopped working is the dome light, which only turns on every so often, At 10,000KM I noticed that my clutch pedal started making a funny squeaking noise, Sounds like it needs lubrication. At 18,000km The passenger side seat stopped reclining. Im not worried because its all covered under warranty. Other than this the truck runs flawless, and is great to drive around. It handles great in Snow and sticks to the road. Its a good buy for the money. I would highly reccomend putting a tonneau cover for a little better fuel mileage.

MP3/satellite Stereo, 5 spd transmission, rear slider window, Powerful and smooth engine, great pulling power for its class.

Style is kind of dated, Bigger wheels, gas mileage could be better,

Quality is still Job #1
By MiniMe1969

2009 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my third Ranger, and I was torn between this and the Toyota Tacoma. Bottom line, for $6k less I got a truck that was just as capable. Perfect for hauling dirtbikes and associated gear to the track. My only complaint is the fuel economy. If you are going to buy one of these, make sure you buy the 4 dr supercab.

Smaller truck, easy to maneuver. Plenty of power, great styling.

By this time, Ford should have been able to greatly improve fuel economy. All Rangers should be made with the 4 door supercab.

Great truck for the money
By fx4man

Good truck, with good gas mileage. Small enough to do a daily commute in city traffic, and easy to park in small spaces. Would recommend the FX4, with the payload package. There are a few squeaks and rattles in the cabin over hard bumps, but that can be easily fixed. Runs great in 4x4 mode, especially with 4.10 rear. The only real downside is the Goodyear RT/S tires. They ride good on road, but do not grip well on wet roads, and not too great in the snow. BF Goodrich A/T tires would make the truck feel more capable in rain/snow. The leather seats are very comfortable and supportive over long rides. I highly recommend this truck. It's not as fancy, but it is just as capable for the price.

Like the increased rear spring rate, helps when carrying light to medium weight loads. Leather interior is very nice. The steering is sharp and responsive. Bed extender is extremely handy.

Occasional squeak or rattle over bumps. Fit and finish could be just a little bit better to be perfect, but this isn't an expensive Mercedes. Also could use better tires. Goodyear Wrangler RT/S tires aren't bad, but BF Goodrich tires would make this a very good truck.

Beyond Expectations
By Rangerpilot

2009 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2009 Ranger XLT supercab automatic w/ the 2.3 liter 4 cylinder w/AC power windows, & CD. After reading all the average to poor reviews on the ranger, I only intended this vehicle as a low cost commuter and multi-purpose vehicle. It is actually quite good. Excellent price at less than $15K, acceptable acceleration, terrific fuel economy for a truck at 24 mpg average for 60/40 highway/city, and good build quality which Ford is now known for. I am very impressed. I drive a Mercedes Benz C350 as my other car.

Fuel economy at 25 highway and 21 city, easy to beat the EPA sticker

This truck is on its way out, just keep it the same, 2009 has side airbags I heard