2009 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
just wow for a small truck ford ranger 4x4 sport automatic
By onthebrook on 07/28/13 12:40 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Ranger SuperCab XL 2dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

well i went to buy a small chevy S10 pickup truck at the time i was looking i passed a local used care dealer .. on the lot was a 2009 ford ranger 4x4 sport so i desided to buy ... i could not be more happy with the truck she pulls a lot of fire wood i put the truck in over cut overs where some people wont even put there 4x4 atvs ... i put a cap on the truck and i must say i have had the truck packed full of green fire wood ... the truck has been in the rough spots and proven to be a work hourse .... i say go for a for ranger if looking for a small truck with big guts ....

Off-Road Machine
By jonno11 on 06/27/11 19:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4 Off-Road 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the truck brand new in 2009, in a little over two years of driving I have put 43,000 kilometres on it. Just finished a road trip of 1800 kilometres through the Rocky Mountains, and it performed flawlessly. Only anomaly was the tire pressure sensor going off during extreme altitude changes, though that is a sensor issue that most vehicles have. I have used the vehicles for construction work as well as daily commuting and weekend warrior duty off-road. It has hauled ATV's, trailers, and a 6000lb camper and done s without complaint and with decent mileage. I generally average above EPA mileage, especially now that the truck is broken in. I recommend it as an inexpensive workhorse.

Love it
By GREAT TRUCK on 05/30/10 06:37 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had no problems with this truck at all and I have 26,000 miles on it now, runs great and ride great! I owned a s-10 with a 4.3 v6 and it was not half the truck as the ranger. This rides and feels like a bigger truck!

Disappointed
By Disappointed on 03/10/10 10:09 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Ranger SuperCab XL 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Looks good and drives good. After 6,000 miles developed any annoying rattle in the passenger side of the dash and the dealer could not find the source. Worst part was that after 5-6 months the vehicle started rusting. A couple of spots on the body, through the paint and also some painted spots under the bed and finally inside the wheels. I do live at the beach, but my 1996 Jeep Cherokee, which was 8 years old when I moved there, took 3 to 4 years to start rusting and my girlfriend lived in the Keys for 20 years and never had issues with her 3 Hondas. This is ridiculous, especially since Ford claims that their quality is even with Honda and Toyota. Warranty doesn't cover this, of course.

Ford Rattles
By bsalsman on 01/22/10 13:23 PM (PST)

this is my 6th ford ranger and although it is i fun little truck it rattles like crazy around the drivers door.After 25 trips to tyhe dealer the warranty is off and now they wont even return my calls. its a shame that Ford cannot control after sales service. This will probably be my last Ford because of this issue.

Good Looking, Fun to drive
By Aaron on 01/20/10 12:05 PM (PST)

Can't go wrong with the ranger, especially in the FX4 version. The styling is nice for a truck of its price range, power is quite decent and the upgrades I've got add quite a bit (chrome step bars, tailpipe and mirrors). All around good vehicle, easy to maneuver in the city.

Tough and Fun Truck to Drive
By Alfaromeo164 on 01/15/10 12:22 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my truck brand new and I now have 30000 in just 8 months. I havent had any real bad experiences. The only thing that stopped working is the dome light, which only turns on every so often, At 10,000KM I noticed that my clutch pedal started making a funny squeaking noise, Sounds like it needs lubrication. At 18,000km The passenger side seat stopped reclining. Im not worried because its all covered under warranty. Other than this the truck runs flawless, and is great to drive around. It handles great in Snow and sticks to the road. Its a good buy for the money. I would highly reccomend putting a tonneau cover for a little better fuel mileage.

Quality is still Job #1
By MiniMe1969 on 10/17/09 05:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my third Ranger, and I was torn between this and the Toyota Tacoma. Bottom line, for $6k less I got a truck that was just as capable. Perfect for hauling dirtbikes and associated gear to the track. My only complaint is the fuel economy. If you are going to buy one of these, make sure you buy the 4 dr supercab.

Great truck for the money
By fx4man on 09/12/09 19:16 PM (PDT)

Good truck, with good gas mileage. Small enough to do a daily commute in city traffic, and easy to park in small spaces. Would recommend the FX4, with the payload package. There are a few squeaks and rattles in the cabin over hard bumps, but that can be easily fixed. Runs great in 4x4 mode, especially with 4.10 rear. The only real downside is the Goodyear RT/S tires. They ride good on road, but do not grip well on wet roads, and not too great in the snow. BF Goodrich A/T tires would make the truck feel more capable in rain/snow. The leather seats are very comfortable and supportive over long rides. I highly recommend this truck. It's not as fancy, but it is just as capable for the price.

Beyond Expectations
By Rangerpilot on 08/23/09 16:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2009 Ranger XLT supercab automatic w/ the 2.3 liter 4 cylinder w/AC power windows, & CD. After reading all the average to poor reviews on the ranger, I only intended this vehicle as a low cost commuter and multi-purpose vehicle. It is actually quite good. Excellent price at less than $15K, acceptable acceleration, terrific fuel economy for a truck at 24 mpg average for 60/40 highway/city, and good build quality which Ford is now known for. I am very impressed. I drive a Mercedes Benz C350 as my other car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Ranger Supercab in VA is:

$112 per month*