Used 1994 Ford Ranger Splash Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

A truck for all-time
By Hedgehog437

1994 Ford Ranger Splash 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

Bought the truck from a pal with 11,000 miles on it in 1995. It's loaded; 4.0L V-6, PS/PB/AC/cruise/tilt/Captains chairs, the works. I now have 74,000 miles on it and it runs like it's brand new. My wife loves it because its big enough to haul her annual landscaping supplies, but small enough for her to be comfortable driving. People still offer me hard cash for this little gem, but I couldn't replace it for under $20K. It gets about 20mpg consistently, the A/C will freeze you out, and it's tough! This would be a perfect truck for someone who doesn't need to tow large trailers, etc.

Looks, reliability, exterior size. Its a timeless design, that doesn't look dated even 14 years later. It does exactly what it was designed to do, and does it very well.

The V-6 could use a little more power. The only real complaint I have is the ride; it's horrible! I have to put about 200lbs in the bed to get a decent ride. Other small trucks out there have much better rides.

• Sedan