Used 1991 Ford Probe LX Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Ford Probe - Consumer Reviews

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Probe model:

Gene
By Gene

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

I am the original owner. I have a V6 Automatic that just turned 205,000 miles. Transmission & engine never taken a part. Not even a valve cover gasket!! This car has never stranded me, still starts better than my 2005 Honda Accord! Fun to drive with great visability.

My best car ever
By Red Rider

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

My 91 Probe is now 16 years old, V-6 has close to 300,000 miles. Still has original motor and tranny (auto) does not smoke and still has great get up and go. I also purchased a 97 Probe GT a few years ago, because I love this car so much. It is so much fun to drive, great styling, very dependable. Still my daily driver (150 miles each day). This car is fantastic, it handles like a sports car. Still a head turner. Next week I will travel to Minnesota to pick up my new 1991 Probe LX V-6. One owner, 26,000 mi, original tires, it looks like it just came of the showroom floor. Can't wait to bring her home to Colorado. Merry Christmas 2006 to me Trust me this is one great car to own and drive.

Favorite Features

What do I like; hmmmm let me count the ways. V-6 power, 30 MPG (still today I get 29/28) a true beauty of a body style. Sports car handling, very comfortable front seats, awesome heater tons or cargo room in back. Oh yeah, this front wheel drive cat is a sure footed beast in the snow. Nuff Said :)

Suggested Improvements

No car is perfect; the Probe needed cup holders which I installed. Parts are very expensive to replace. The rear seats are made for children or very small adults.

awesome car
By firefighter05

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

this is the third probe ive had and i loved them all, but this 3.0 has the be the best. it has just enough power and rides like a dream. i am a total ford probe fan and would definatly buy another.

Favorite Features

styling, performance, handling, its all good

Suggested Improvements

cup holder most defenatly, and they could have done something about the horrible torque steer....

Read On
By RGX

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

Great car with the ford name but mostly made by mazda. For a car as old as it was it ran well and and smooth. Good stuff.

Favorite Features

The turn signal.

Suggested Improvements

More backseat room.

Probe review
By butaflychica

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

This car has been nothing but reliable. Very well running and great to drive. My car has 115,000 miles on it and runs like its brand new. I couldnt be happier with this purchase.

Favorite Features

Body style and all around performance

Suggested Improvements

Needs a cup holder