1991 Ford Probe Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Probe model:
Gene
By Gene on 11/25/09 11:47 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

I am the original owner. I have a V6 Automatic that just turned 205,000 miles. Transmission & engine never taken a part. Not even a valve cover gasket!! This car has never stranded me, still starts better than my 2005 Honda Accord! Fun to drive with great visability.

My best car ever
By Red Rider on 12/20/06 15:48 PM (PST)

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

My 91 Probe is now 16 years old, V-6 has close to 300,000 miles. Still has original motor and tranny (auto) does not smoke and still has great get up and go. I also purchased a 97 Probe GT a few years ago, because I love this car so much. It is so much fun to drive, great styling, very dependable. Still my daily driver (150 miles each day). This car is fantastic, it handles like a sports car. Still a head turner. Next week I will travel to Minnesota to pick up my new 1991 Probe LX V-6. One owner, 26,000 mi, original tires, it looks like it just came of the showroom floor. Can't wait to bring her home to Colorado. Merry Christmas 2006 to me Trust me this is one great car to own and drive.

awesome car
By firefighter05 on 05/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

this is the third probe ive had and i loved them all, but this 3.0 has the be the best. it has just enough power and rides like a dream. i am a total ford probe fan and would definatly buy another.

Read On
By RGX on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

Great car with the ford name but mostly made by mazda. For a car as old as it was it ran well and and smooth. Good stuff.

Probe review
By butaflychica on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

This car has been nothing but reliable. Very well running and great to drive. My car has 115,000 miles on it and runs like its brand new. I couldnt be happier with this purchase.

Go Probe Go! now, that's a good car!
By robiross on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

I've had this car for almost 2 years now. A friend of mine owned it since new and that's a car you can count on. I just can't believe how devaluated it is. Too bad they don't make them anymore, 'cause I'd probably buy another (newer, of course)

By donhez on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

This has been a great commuter car

Was an alright car
By Doonze on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

Was just ok, at 110000 miles now and am trading it monday before it dies a horrable death. I liked it at first but now it's just ho-hum. But all in all it's been a good car.

Probe LX
By Sant on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

The V6 LX 1991 was a good find. The depreciation of the value made it more worthwhile to look at. I don't think you can get a car at this price and the kind of performance it still offers. 18/20 MPG in city driving is quite economical. I had only some heating problem due to some radiator damage. Can't blame Ford for anything. Keep in mind though, the Automatic might not last beyond 130K. Factor in that cost and you are set for a 200 K V6 car that still looks great.