Used 2004 Ford Mustang Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

My First Car
By Chris

2004 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. My whole family is jealous. My mom, who drives a Porshe Boxter, is always asking if she can drive it. It has good horsepower. Fun to drive.

Silver with black top and interior, love the pony embroidering on the seat!

The interior looks a bit dated. Some aluminum or other metal on the dash would look nice.

Disappointed
By dombi

2004 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I was excited to finally drive a Mustang, that is why I decided to rent one for a few days. The 6 cyl engine with the automatic tranmission is underpowered. This car is slow and feels heavy. The interior build quality seems very cheap. The plastic holding the window buttons on the driver's side door is already loose (at 14K miles!). I am 6'2" and the height of the interior seems OK. The seats are alright as well. The 6 disc changer stereo sounds good. I have not tried to remove the top, because it seemed complicated. This might be an OK car, but I would expect much more from a Mustang in terms of performance (even if this is an automatic one).

I like the Mustang look.

More power, better quality interior. It is unacceptable to have the plastics separate at only 14K miles. The pedals are a bit uncomfortable and the instrument panel is too far to reach.

My First Ford
By Larry Parks

2004 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Probably the poorest engineered and poorest quality vehicle I've ever owned, it's my 10th vehicle. I've had nothing but problems since I bought the car, I actually got it in July 2002. I'm glad the dealer decided to sneak a premium extended warranty in on the contract, I have a feeling a lot more will go wrong after the initial 36,000 miles.

Body style is great, that's what attracted me to the car initially.

Pretty much everything. There just isn't any quality other than the style of the body in this car, the electrical components go fast, ie the pwr steering pump at 15K, parts of the transmission at 29k, the driver's side pwr window motor at 32k. I could go on with what has gone wrong with the car...

my 2004 mustang
By roger pace

2004 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

6 cyl. is underpowered for this weight. Automatic transmission is not responsive in lower gears and passing is not good at high end. Convertible top does not return far enough when putting the top up. Pull down is difficult for average person to do.

Sound system is excellent and 6 cd unit is a great feature.

6 cyl. needs to be in the 220- 250hp.range. If I knew at purchase how this car would respond I would have gotten the manual transmission.

The rest are gone, but the pony thunders
By BLW

2004 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Even though the platform is old Ford kept the "car" current. Mustang is and always will be more than a car. It is an icon to a lifestyle that Americans, both young and old, still want to hold on to. Long live the "pony car".

It's a "topless" Mustang.